Lisa Rinna's Horrifying Casting Couch Admission
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 11th 2010 07:50AM
Exclusive: Lisa Rinna tells me her dishy new novel, 'Starlit,' is an inside look at "life on and off the red carpet, full of scandalous backstabbing and lots of sex." She describes it as a "roman à clef," or a novel that describes true events but is disguised as fiction. However, the most shocking real-life event that Lisa left out of the impossible-to-put-down read is a true story about herself and the infamous Hollywood casting couch.
"I lost a role on a BIG TV series because I wouldn't bend over a chair in a producers office for 'just a quickie,'" Lisa admits to me for the first time. "'Just pull your panties down and bend over and the role is yours,' he said to me."
Lisa was just 24 years old at the time and walked away in tears after the disgusting encounter, but that hasn't stopped her from thinking about the producer or that moment every day.
A friend tells me that Lisa has never revealed the producer's name to anyone, including husband Harry Hamlin, but many years later, during the height of her 'Melrose Place' success, she saw the man that propositioned her all those years ago on an industry red carpet. He stopped to say congratulations and she told him, "I know everyone in this town and if you ever do what you did to me again to anyone else I will tell everyone your dirty secret."
So far, Lisa's lips are sealed and so it seems are the producer's pants. For a real insight into the glamour and darkness of Hollywood, pick up Lisa's new book 'Starlit.'
Lisa and Harry talk about their books and new reality show, 'Harry Loves Lisa':
More Lisa Coverage:
► Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin: Fourth Break-In Was No Publicity Stunt
► Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin Talk About 'Lip-Gate'
► Harry Hamlin Q&A: Drug Mule, 'Mein Kampf' Reviewer, Oversleeper
► Lisa and Harry Discuss Their Kids' Roles in the New Show [ParentDish]
MORE ABOUT Lisa Rinna
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lisa Rinna Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman's Grace of Monaco Lifetime Movie Sure Was Pretty (But Not Very Good)
- Love and Hip Hop Wedding: Inside Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris' Live Ceremony
- Teen Mom OG Finale Recap: Farrah Abraham, Maci Bookout Push for Engagements, Come Up Ring-less
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- The Bachelorette Tries Boxing, Does Comedy, Reminds Us That Amy Schumer Is Our Queen
- Kanye West's Anniversary Tweet to Kim Kardashian Is 1 Day Late, But Still Pretty Great—See for Yourself!
- Lena Dunham Shows Off Her Figure in Nothing But Lingerie: "I Think I Will Wear It to Dinner"