Mika's Sister Impaled on Railings After Fall in London
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 11th 2010 08:40AM
A spokesman for Mika, real name Michael Penniman Jr., said the singer's sister was in "critical but stable" condition at Royal London Hospital. "The family have asked for privacy at this time."
Metropolitan Police gave this account to BBC News: "Police were called to an address at 0515 BST after reports a woman was impaled on railings after falling from a window. Inquiries into the circumstances have begun. It is being treated as non-suspicious."
The Beirut-born Mika rose to fame in 2007 with his album 'Life in Cartoon Motion,' which contained the hits 'Grace Kelly" and 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' and sold more than 5.6 million copies worldwide.
He released a second album, 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much,' in 2009, and is currently on tour. PopEater had the pleasure of speaking with Mika last year, where he showed off his painting skills and spoke glowingly about Lady Gaga.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Brody Jenner and Stars Galore Attend Opening of SKY Waikiki
- 'Les Mis' Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- Reese & Cameron Are Ready for Fall in Suede Booties! Steal Their Style