Mika's Sister Impaled on Railings After Fall in London
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 11th 2010 08:40AM
A spokesman for Mika, real name Michael Penniman Jr., said the singer's sister was in "critical but stable" condition at Royal London Hospital. "The family have asked for privacy at this time."
Metropolitan Police gave this account to BBC News: "Police were called to an address at 0515 BST after reports a woman was impaled on railings after falling from a window. Inquiries into the circumstances have begun. It is being treated as non-suspicious."
The Beirut-born Mika rose to fame in 2007 with his album 'Life in Cartoon Motion,' which contained the hits 'Grace Kelly" and 'Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)' and sold more than 5.6 million copies worldwide.
He released a second album, 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much,' in 2009, and is currently on tour. PopEater had the pleasure of speaking with Mika last year, where he showed off his painting skills and spoke glowingly about Lady Gaga.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Extra Scoop: Did Teresa Giudice Spend $10K on Daughter's Music Video?
- Big Change Announced for ?The View'? Are There More Shakeups Ahead?
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Designs from Adrianna Papell
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!