Bruce Willis, Shaq and Dick Cheney Are Neighbors on GQ's Bald 100 Power List
By Zach Dionne Posted Oct 12th 2010 05:10PM
Sure, power lists are great -- the ones we read in Forbes, Time. But how about a pop culture power list solely featuring chrome-domed gentlemen?
GQ's got it covered, friends. "Bald guys always seem to be feeling that dudes with all the hair -- Robert Pattinson, Zac Efron, George Clooney -- not only get all the women but have all the power. Not so!" GQ deputy editor Michael Hainey tells PopEater. "The truth is, bald dudes form a power base of frightening strength and size. We at GQ wanted to alert the world to the power these bald men wield in our society."
The magazine's supremely-witty rundown of the most powerful baldies includes Howie Mandel, Seal, Homer Simpson, Billy Corgan, Chris Daughtry, Dick Cheney and the Dalai Lama. Celebs, athletes, politicians, CEOs -- everyone's on this thing, with witty reasons as to why. Some of the best are Bruce Willis -- "he wrote the book on virile baldness"; George Foreman -- "remembered more for knocking out fat than knocking out Joe Frazier"; and Moby -- "found fame as a geek techno-artist; has a passion for both LSD and the teachings of Christ."
In addition to the humor and fine photos draping every entry in GQ's Bald 100, there are some damned fine insights. Did you realize Danny DeVito "belongs in the near-empty category of people who star on the funniest TV show of today ('It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia') and also the funniest TV show of 40 years ago ('Taxi')"? Or that Robert Duvall has indeed earned the right to be called "the Forrest Gump of defining moments in American cinema" for starring in nearly every of-the-moment iconic film of the past five decades?
You learn something new every ... time GQ puts out a power list of bald guys!
Peruse the full GQ Bald 100 >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Totally insane star baby names
- 'Real Housewife' Amber Marchese: Teresa Giudice preparing for prison
- Sofia Vergara really doesn't want to age
- ITV Invests in Former Maker Studios CEO's New Company Zealot Networks
- Italy Box Office: ?Hobbit' Tops $5 Million in Opening Week
- 'Fifty Shades' to Get International Premiere at Berlin
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- Box Office: 'The Hobbit' Goes Out With a 5-Day $90M Bang
- Neil Patrick Harris Meets the Freaks in New 'AHS: Freak Show' (VIDEO)
- Kate Winslet is No Shrinking Violet in 'A Little Chaos' (VIDEO)