Brett Favre May Be Entering Tiger Woods Territory
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 12th 2010 08:00PM
"At the moment three women have [made accusations] but a man stupid enough to leave voice mails and send naked pictures to a woman he doesn't know probably isn't doing it for the first time," an insider tells me. "Everyone is bracing themselves for more women to come forward. Now that the floodgate has been opened, Brett could be the new Tiger Woods in just a matter of days."
After Deadspin.com posted voice messages and X-rated photos that Favre allegedly sent to Jenn Sterger when both were employed by the New York Jets in 2008, an investigation into Brett was fast-tracked. Since then the scandal has added a pair of massage therapists that claim they too received suggestive text messages from the future Hall of Famer.
"It's no surprise to me at all," one sports insider tells me. "These guys are treated like Gods. They get anything they want when they want it and that includes women. Just like Tiger they start thinking they are untouchable and make stupid, stupid decisions."
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed that the league is looking into the allegations.
"We are going through that and we are making sure we understand all the facts," Goodell said at halftime of the Chargers-Raiders game. Here's hoping football isn't about to go down the same path as golf.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Political correctness in Hollywood running amok?
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting
- Karina Smirnoff: I Don't Know If It's Ethical that Julianne Hough Is a DWTS Judge
- Kim Kardashian Says North West Likes to Brush Her Own Hair, Kourtney and Khloe Talk Embarrassing Hairstyles
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Killing Fellow NASCAR Driver Kevin Ward Jr. —‘It Will Affect My Life Forever’
- Ashlee Simpson And Evan Ross Getting Ready To Marry Over Labor Day Weekend In Greenwich, Connecticut