Friend: Jen Hopes Courteney and David Don't 'Rush Into' Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 13th 2010 08:20AM
The shocking news that David Arquette and Courteney Cox have separated after 11 years of marriage took everyone by surprise this week, except Courteney's longtime pal Jennifer Aniston.
"Jen has known for some time that the couple was in trouble but hoped and prayed they would be able to work it out," a friend of the actress tells me. "No one knows how painful divorce is more than Jen and she hopes they don't rush into it without exhausting every possibility to stay together."
Which clearly didn't include a groggy and teary David calling into Howard Stern's radio show yesterday morning and airing the notoriously private couple's dirty laundry in public.
"Telling Howard that they haven't had sex in four months is not the way David is going to win back his wife!" an insider tells me. "What he did on Howard confirmed Cox's biggest complaint about her husband, that he needs to just grow up."
There's been no word yet if Courteney is going to listen to Jen's advice and give the marriage another try, however, friends tell me no matter what Courteney decides to do, Jen will support her.
"Goodness knows Courteney supported Jen during her breakup with Brad Pitt. Now it's Jens turn to be to supportive. After all, isn't that what a friend is for." Oh wait, I get it!
PopEater Broke the Sad News to Several New Yorkers ... Get Their (Hilarious) Reactions:
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Queen of Versailles' star's daughter died of accidental drug overdose
- Matt Lauer's neighbors angry over 'Today' host's construction plans
- Gisele hiding boob job under burqa?
- Warner Bros. Distribution Veteran Dan Fellman to Exit at End of Year
- Jake Gyllenhaal Eyeing Lionsgate's Boston Bombing Movie
- John Legend Set as Music Supervisor on WGN America's 'Underground'
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- New 'Walking Dead' Season 6 Photos and Character Details Revealed
- First Trailer for Chilean Mine Drama 'The 33' Is Chilling and Uplifting at the Same Time
- Watch Cara Delevingne Endure a Painfully Awkward Interview