Exclusive: Joy Behar Speaks Out About Walking Off 'The View'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 14th 2010 07:20PM
Just hours after Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg stormed off the set of 'The View' following several controversial remarks made by guest Bill O'Reilly, I found myself backstage at Behar's hit HLN talk show. Surprisingly, Joy seemed to have little idea about the media storm that was brewing.
"Really, is anyone talking about it? He's an idiot," she told me. "I just couldn't sit there any longer and listen to him."
During O'Reilly's visit to 'The View,' Bill insisted it would be "inappropriate" to have a Muslim place of worship so close to Ground Zero. This prompted Goldberg to ask, "Why is it inappropriate?"
The heated discussion went back and forth, but the blowout came after O'Reilly said, "Muslims killed us on 9/11." Goldberg and Behar attempted to specify that it was an extremist sect within Islam and not the religion itself that attacked the U.S. When O'Reilly continued to argue his point, the enraged hosts walked off the set.
Joy Talks About the Incident on Her HLN Show:
The two women did return to the show and were able to continue their conversation with the FOX News anchor, when the chatter turned to Christine O'Donnell and George W. Bush.
"No one made us go back out," Behar explained. "After he apologized, Whoopi and I walked back out and sat down. I have no regrets."
Watch the Original Walkout on 'The View':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lea Michele Suffers Nip Slip, Has Wardrobe Malfunction During "On My Way" Video Shoot: Picture
- Richard Gere, Padma Lakshmi Secretly Dating Amidst His Divorce From Carey Lowell: Report
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Fight: Watch Porsha Williams Attack Kenya Moore in Brawl
- Secret Behind The ?RHOA’ Reunion Fight Finally Revealed! Kenya Moore Accused Porsha Williams Of Cheating On Her Husband Kordell Stewart
- Yeahhhh Jetes! Model girlfriend Hannah Davis says she's the stay-at-home type
- Billy Bob Thornton says there is a 'prejudice against the South' in Hollywood
- Nudity riders: How much skin an actor shows spelled out beforehand
- Jessica Simpson's Easter Family Fun: Maxwell & Ace Play With Cousin Bronx Wentz, BFF Rocco Faison—See the Pics!
- Miss America Nina Davuluri Defends Patrick Farves After He Gets Suspended for Asking Her to Prom
- Olivia Palermo Poses for Brides Magazine, Talks Wedding Style and Sweet Romance—See the Dreamy Pics!