Exclusive: Joy Behar Speaks Out About Walking Off 'The View'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 14th 2010 07:20PM
Just hours after Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg stormed off the set of 'The View' following several controversial remarks made by guest Bill O'Reilly, I found myself backstage at Behar's hit HLN talk show. Surprisingly, Joy seemed to have little idea about the media storm that was brewing.
"Really, is anyone talking about it? He's an idiot," she told me. "I just couldn't sit there any longer and listen to him."
During O'Reilly's visit to 'The View,' Bill insisted it would be "inappropriate" to have a Muslim place of worship so close to Ground Zero. This prompted Goldberg to ask, "Why is it inappropriate?"
The heated discussion went back and forth, but the blowout came after O'Reilly said, "Muslims killed us on 9/11." Goldberg and Behar attempted to specify that it was an extremist sect within Islam and not the religion itself that attacked the U.S. When O'Reilly continued to argue his point, the enraged hosts walked off the set.
Joy Talks About the Incident on Her HLN Show:
The two women did return to the show and were able to continue their conversation with the FOX News anchor, when the chatter turned to Christine O'Donnell and George W. Bush.
"No one made us go back out," Behar explained. "After he apologized, Whoopi and I walked back out and sat down. I have no regrets."
Watch the Original Walkout on 'The View':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Burt Jenner Calls Out Hypocritical Supporters of Dad Bruce Jenner After Diane Sawyer Interview
- Mama June Announces Daughter Anna Cardwell's Second Pregnancy: "They Are Too Young to Have Another One"
- Tea Leoni Brings Costar Boyfriend Tim Daly as Her White House Correspondents' Dinner Date: Pic
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Colin Farrell Reveals the "Honest Truth" About His Relationships: "I Have Not Dated for Four Years Now"
- Brad Pitt Explains the Story Behind His Bruised Face: Don't Run Up Steps Wearing Flip Flops!
- Téa Leoni & Tim Daly Make Red Carpet Debut as a Couple, at White House Correspondents' Dinner—See Pic!