Security! More Of It for Kim K. After Bar Brawl
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 14th 2010 04:15PM
After a drink was dumped on Kim Kardashian last week while enjoying a night out with her sister at a New York City bar, friends tell me the reality star has beefed up her security detail.
Although she played it cool in a blog post after the incident, my source tells me Kim was "shaken" by the whole experience. "She's the golden goose and everyone wants to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again. Thank goodness that this time it was just a drink. Next time she might not be so lucky."
It's true that Kim's ever-growing empire generates millions of dollars and employs hundreds of people. Just like with titans like Oprah and Martha Stewart, without the star at the helm calling the shots, it would never be the same.
"Kim's mom and manager [Kris] was furious when she found out what had happened," a friend of the family tells me. "How is it possible that after spending hundreds of thousands of dollars a year on security anyone could get close enough to Kim to attack her. It's not like she is Paris Hilton out all night with goodness knows who. This is Kim Kardashian, one of the most powerful women in the World."
And although I'm not so sure I agree with the family friend about the reality star's clout in the world, I do know that all those fans who used to like getting up close and personal with their favorite Kardashian are going to have to get used to staying a little further away. If not for Kim's sake for all those that make a living off her!
Kim Kardashian Photos
©BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Kim Kardashian, sister Kourtney, her baby Mason Dash Disick (b. Dec 14, 2009) and boyfriend Scott Disick, depart from JFK International Airport. NON-EXCLUSIVE October 13, 2010 Job: 101013H3 New York, New York www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Osbourne Wears Scary Facial Mask, Calls Herself "Hannibal Lector"
- Tila Tequila Opens Up About Her Pregnancy: "My Baby Has Saved My Life"
- Lake Bell Is Pregnant! Actress Expecting
- George Clooney Storms Out Of Dinner After Heated Political Chat With ?A**Hole' Casino Head Steve Wynn
- Traci Bingham tried to dine and dash after credit card declined, report says
- Meg Ryan joins the cast of 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Wardrobe whoopsies: On purpose, or an accident?
- Game of Thrones' New King Speaks! Plus, TVD's Damon and Elena Are So Not Over and a Grey's Secret We Can't Believe
- Goodbye Emily Thorne?! Revenge's Leading Lady Takes on a New Identity—Watch Now!
- Ginnifer Goodwin Breaks Her Silence on Pregnancy and Wedding to Josh Dallas—Watch Now!