Howard Stern Mad at Maksim: 'Who Is This Guy to Smack Brandy on the A**?'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 15th 2010 04:15PM
Longtime 'Dancing With the Stars' fan Howard Stern has had enough with the dancers getting too big for their britches. And this week, Maksim Chmerkovskiy took it one step too far for the radio host.
On his Sirius/XM radio show Wednesday, Stern took Maks to task for his treatment of partner Brandy during video shot in rehearsals.
"The first season these dance instructors were normal people. They're not exactly living the high life. They put them on TV and they develop personalities," said Stern. "They all have become full of themselves. And Maksim is very taken with himself. He doesn't like to be criticized. The whole show is being criticized and he doesn't like it."
"Well, he is dancing with Brandy ... This guy is yelling at her, giving her the business about how she has to work harder," Stern continued. "She's being a good sport about it, pretending like this actually matters if they're dancing the f***ing samba correctly. All of the sudden, while he's training her he starts smacking her on the ass."
"This guy is training a woman, a black woman," said Stern. "You know when a man walks by a woman and makes a sound like she's a fine horse? He's smacking her on the ass like she's his personal property, like back in the slave days. I was astounded they were showing this on TV."
Stern had nothing but praise for Len Goodman, who also noticed the physical contact.
"Len Goodman, I want to applaud him. He reminded me of my dad," Stern said. "He got on and said, 'Listen, I don't know what you are up to. But smacking a woman on the ass. I don't approve of that kind of teaching.'"
"What's wrong with Brandy that she didn't say anything?" asked Stern's sidekick Robin Quivers.
"Well, Brandy looked like she was tearing up a little bit because like someone who just smacked her in the head, she finally got it a little bit. She was probably embarrassed. Why is [she] allowing this guy to smack her on the ass. Who the hell is he?"
"Len at least spoke up. I want to applaud him. I wanted to throw up.These dance instructors. Each is more vomitous than the next."
Stern loves to talk about 'DWTS' on his daily satellite radio show. Years ago, he was very vocal about his wife, Beth Ostrosky, debating whether she should participate on a season. Stern is a critic of several other reality shows too; his faves include 'The Bachelor' and 'American Idol.' He was rumored earlier this year to be a candidate to replace Simon Cowell. For the record, we thought it would have been a brilliant move.
Stern says he's not a huge fan of this season of 'DWTS' and fast-forwards through most stars. However, he is quite taken with Jennifer Grey. "She's got some body. Boy is she sexy," he said. "I really like watching her. I wait for her."
MORE ABOUT Howard Stern
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Howard Stern Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Engaged; Tori Spelling Talks Dean McDermott Affair: Top Stories
- Andre Johnson, Rapper, Severs Penis, Jumps Off Building, Survives
- Will Arnett Files for Divorce From Amy Poehler 19 Months After Split
- Monster Mom Tamra Barney ‘Needs To Take Responsibility’ For Text Message Tirade, Top Psychologist Says: ‘You’re The Mature Adult, Walk Away!'
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor said I had two years to live
- Arrow Introduces a Classic DC Villain, American Idol's New Frontrunner Emerges and More OMG TV Moments
- Sofía Vergara Was "Nervous" Filming Threesome in Fading Gigolo, Got Pointers From Co-Star Sharon Stone
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Photobombs His Son Patrick During Hospital Visit—See The Pic!