'Pretty in Pink' Cast Reunites 24 Years Later
By Zach Dionne Posted Oct 15th 2010 01:45PM
As part of their reunion-centric double-issue, Entertainment Weekly put together a summit for Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer and Annie Potts to reflect on the John Hughes-penned 1986 classic 'Pretty in Pink.'
Ringwald, now 42, remembers Jon Cryer's lip-syncing dance scene: "I was so stunned! Duckie turned into Mick Jagger! It's such a fantastic scene, and it really holds up. My 6-year-old daughter hasn't seen any of my movies, but I did show her that scene on YouTube. And she agrees."
After the jump, see the video and hear where the actors bet their characters wound up! Also check out Michael J. Fox reunited with Lea Thompson from 'Back to the Future.'
Cryer, 45, Potts, 57, and Ringwald still seem to have fantastic chemistry together, chatting warmly and putting together a great photo shoot for EW.
Cryer and Ringwald were reunited earlier this year under sadder circumstances when they helped memorialize John Hughes at the Academy Awards. Hughes died of a heart attack in 2009. He was 59. "I was really glad that everybody seemed to recognize what an incredible contribution he made to filmmaking," Ringwald says. "He had a very love/hate relationship with Hollywood, and I think it would have really meant a lot to him. Just the effect that he's had on countless teenagers and people coming of age throughout the world is pretty phenomenal. I have women come up to me saying the line, 'I just want them to know that they didn't break me,' with tears in their eyes, saying how much that line meant to them."
See the video:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby to remain trustee at Temple University
- Country singer Ty Herndon comes out as gay
- CBS news chairman Jeff Fager steps down, stays at '60 Minutes'
- Watch ABC's 'Scandal' Reimagined as a Comedy
- Art Garfunkel Remembers Mike Nichols: "He Was the Most Sparkling Man Among Us"
- Hilary Swank on the One Thing Mike Nichols Could Get Any Actress to Do
- Jon Hamm, Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe Will Return to 'Parks and Recreation' for Final Season
- Mike Nichols Movies: 18 Essential Films You Should Watch Right Now
- Better Program Your DVR: 'Better Call Saul' Gets Two-Night Premiere Date