'Pretty in Pink' Cast Reunites 24 Years Later
By Zach Dionne Posted Oct 15th 2010 01:45PM
As part of their reunion-centric double-issue, Entertainment Weekly put together a summit for Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer and Annie Potts to reflect on the John Hughes-penned 1986 classic 'Pretty in Pink.'
Ringwald, now 42, remembers Jon Cryer's lip-syncing dance scene: "I was so stunned! Duckie turned into Mick Jagger! It's such a fantastic scene, and it really holds up. My 6-year-old daughter hasn't seen any of my movies, but I did show her that scene on YouTube. And she agrees."
After the jump, see the video and hear where the actors bet their characters wound up! Also check out Michael J. Fox reunited with Lea Thompson from 'Back to the Future.'
Cryer, 45, Potts, 57, and Ringwald still seem to have fantastic chemistry together, chatting warmly and putting together a great photo shoot for EW.
Cryer and Ringwald were reunited earlier this year under sadder circumstances when they helped memorialize John Hughes at the Academy Awards. Hughes died of a heart attack in 2009. He was 59. "I was really glad that everybody seemed to recognize what an incredible contribution he made to filmmaking," Ringwald says. "He had a very love/hate relationship with Hollywood, and I think it would have really meant a lot to him. Just the effect that he's had on countless teenagers and people coming of age throughout the world is pretty phenomenal. I have women come up to me saying the line, 'I just want them to know that they didn't break me,' with tears in their eyes, saying how much that line meant to them."
See the video:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- Dax Shepard Making 'CHiPS' Movie for Warner Bros.
- Staff Cuts Expected at Warner Bros.
- Telluride Wrap: Ethan Hawke Documentary 'Seymour' Rises Above the Rest
- In ?Velocity 2X,' new-school speed meets old-school charm
- Loki fans, rejoice: Here's an entire movie about him
- Warner Bros. registers four superhero-movie domain names: Is this DC Phase 2?
- A Remastered, HD Version of 'The Wire' Is Coming to HBO... Eventually
- Robin Williams's Daughter Zelda Returns to Twitter With Anti-Bullying Message
- The 'Escape From New York' Reboot May Feature Charlie Hunnam in an Eye Patch