'Pretty in Pink' Cast Reunites 24 Years Later
By Zach Dionne Posted Oct 15th 2010 01:45PM
As part of their reunion-centric double-issue, Entertainment Weekly put together a summit for Molly Ringwald, Jon Cryer and Annie Potts to reflect on the John Hughes-penned 1986 classic 'Pretty in Pink.'
Ringwald, now 42, remembers Jon Cryer's lip-syncing dance scene: "I was so stunned! Duckie turned into Mick Jagger! It's such a fantastic scene, and it really holds up. My 6-year-old daughter hasn't seen any of my movies, but I did show her that scene on YouTube. And she agrees."
After the jump, see the video and hear where the actors bet their characters wound up! Also check out Michael J. Fox reunited with Lea Thompson from 'Back to the Future.'
Cryer, 45, Potts, 57, and Ringwald still seem to have fantastic chemistry together, chatting warmly and putting together a great photo shoot for EW.
Cryer and Ringwald were reunited earlier this year under sadder circumstances when they helped memorialize John Hughes at the Academy Awards. Hughes died of a heart attack in 2009. He was 59. "I was really glad that everybody seemed to recognize what an incredible contribution he made to filmmaking," Ringwald says. "He had a very love/hate relationship with Hollywood, and I think it would have really meant a lot to him. Just the effect that he's had on countless teenagers and people coming of age throughout the world is pretty phenomenal. I have women come up to me saying the line, 'I just want them to know that they didn't break me,' with tears in their eyes, saying how much that line meant to them."
See the video:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Video Released of Moments Before Sarah Jones' Death on 'Midnight Rider' Set
- Ted Beniades, an Undercover Cop in 'Scarface,' Dies at 91
- 'Room 237's' Rodney Ascher Reveals His Favorite Horror Documentaries
- 'Grimm' Star Bitsie Tulloch Thinks These 5 Supernatural TV Dramas Are Totally Worth Watching
- 'Nightcrawler' Review: One of the Best Movies of the Year
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now