The Upside of the Cox-Arquette Split? Jennifer Aniston Finally Has the Perfect Wingwoman!
By Jo Piazza Posted Oct 17th 2010 01:00PM
If anyone is rejoicing over the separation of Courteney Cox and David Arquette it's Courteney's longtime best friend Jennifer Aniston. Finally, after years of relationship blunders, Jen has a single gal wing-woman to hit the Hollywood scene with. Not only is Courteney an age appropriate sidekick for Jen, but she innately has her best interests at heart. Plus, they're each looking for a different kind of man. Courteney no longer has an interest in being anyone's mother, so she definitely won't be going for the younger, more juvenile men (think John Mayer) that Aniston typically falls for.
We checked in with some top dating experts to find out their tips for Courteney and Jen as two wild and crazy girls on the town.
"Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston are rich, famous, gorgeous and highly desired by men of all ages. A simple smile with direct eye contact while speaking positively by either of them is pretty much all that is required to make any single man swoon," says dating coach and host of Dating Help 911 Tracey Steinberg. "Now that her 11-year marriage has ended, Courteney probably has the big F's on her brain ... fun, flirting, flings!"
Those are the exact F-words we were thinking about!
The overwhelming star power of these two women together will probably be pretty intimidating for most guys, so unfortunately it is up to Courteney and Jen to make the first moves.
"They want to seem more approachable, so they need to talk to men first. I don't mean cheesy pick up lines, just 'Hi I'm Jen.' But they have to make the first move. Their reputations and beauty make them way intimidating to men," warns Cooper Lawrence, author of 'Been There, Done That, Kept the Jewelry.'
"I'll be there for you!" has to be Jen and Courteney's mantra right now.
"Jen and Courteney should ask: What would Rachel and Monica do before hitting the town? Rachel would likely be fun-loving, roll with the punches and have fun and Monica would probably do some research -- on the best places to meet good men -- and come prepared. Both are good strategies for dating," says Andrea Syrtash, author of 'He's Just Not Your Type.'
Syrtash wants to see both of these women go for a guy who is out of the biz for a change. That just might be the key to happiness for both of them.
"Jen and Courteney tend to go for guys who are in front of the camera and love the spotlight. It would be interesting to see each of them with a guy behind the scenes. If you keep dating the same type and it's not working, time to break the pattern. Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results," Syrtash says.
Take these women's advice, ladies. Neither of you have anything to lose and you both deserve to enjoy those three F's!
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Aniston
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Aniston Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Cold Justice' episode spurs arrest in 1997 Arizona killing
- Review: Liam Neeson back in action again in 'A Walk Among the Tombstones'
- Publicist hired Joan Rivers impersonator to make 'last recording session' tape
- Liam Neeson Warns His 'Love Actually' Co-Star of Competing With 'A Walk Among the Tombstones'
- Darrell Hammond Replacing Don Pardo as 'SNL' Announcer
- Liam Neeson's Embarrassing First Movie Unearthed
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Best of Late Night TV: Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync, Len Goodman Spills 'DWTS' Secrets (VIDEO)
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks