Rosie O'Donnell Defends Joy and Whoopi: Bill O'Reilly 'Incites Hatred'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 17th 2010 11:33AM
Just days after the now infamous battle on 'The View' between Bill O'Reilly and Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg, ex-'View' co-host Rosie O'Donnell is speaking out.
On her Sirius satellite radio program, Rosie asked in a very matter-of-fact manner, "What does he do besides that? That's what Bill O'Reilly does. Why would you book him?"
O'Donnell, whose guest panel seemed more fired up about what happened than the host, also said that O'Reilly "incited hatred." And thinking back to her time on the 'The View' (2006-'07) she could only explain it was "such a strange atmosphere at that show, I don't think that it can be articulated."
Although Rosie may be censoring her remarks in public, behind the scenes, friends tell me she is angrier with Barbara Walters than Bill O'Reilly.
"Rosie thinks Babs should have stuck up for her girls," a friend of Rosie's tells me. "It doesn't matter who was right or wrong, Bill was a guest in her house and he was very rude and belittled her ladies. The same thing happened between Donald Trump and Rosie. Barbara scolding Joy and Whoopi in front of Bill was humiliating. After Bill's outrageous comments, Barbara should have chewed him out -- not try to remain neutral and calm. After all, isn't it called 'The View'? Where is Barbara's?"
Barbara Walters is set to address the situation Monday morning, live on 'The View.'
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
MORE ABOUT Rosie O'Donnell
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Rosie O'Donnell Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Regina Becomes the New Savior
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians Recap: Kris Jenner Says Caitlyn Jenner Can "Go F--k Himself"
- Blake Shelton Says He's "In a Good Place" After Miranda Lambert Divorce
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- 8 Times Diane von Furstenberg and Her Candidates Threw the Most Shade on Tonight's House of DVF—Take a Look!
- The Affair's Full-Frontal Shocker: Maura Tierney and Dominic West Sound Off on the Premiere's Male Nudity
- Caleb Logan Dead at 13: YouTube Star and Member of the Bratayleys Remembered for His "Wonderful Spirit"