MIA Makes a Statement With Her Burqa
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Oct 18th 2010 02:06PM
Perhaps trying to make a statement about the recent burqa ban in France and Muslim-phobia sweeping the nation, MIA's version of the conservative Islamic garment also contained bold and colorful graphics, including a big heart scrawled with the words "I Love You."
For her performance later in the show, MIA shed the controversial robe, which many argue is sexist and oppressive, and opted for another head-turning getup -- bright purple pants and a yellow top, both covered in sequins, accented with a sky-blue, bobbed wig (how very Katy Perry!) and lime green tennis shoes.
In addition to MIA's sartorial antics, see who accessorized their outfit with a 2010 Spike Scream Award, which honors the best performers in the sci-fi and horror genres, when the show airs on Oct. 20 at 9PM on Spike.
Get More on StyleList >>>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- NBA Star Reportedly Asks Court To Delay Divorce During Playoffs
- The 13 Best TV Episodes To Celebrate Summer
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- ?Fast & Furious': 10 take-aways after an all-day franchise marathon
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1M to Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Randy Jackson Visits Air Force Base, Debuts New Guitar Collection
- Star-Studded PSA Shines Spotlight on Global Water Crisis