MIA Makes a Statement With Her Burqa
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Oct 18th 2010 02:06PM
Perhaps trying to make a statement about the recent burqa ban in France and Muslim-phobia sweeping the nation, MIA's version of the conservative Islamic garment also contained bold and colorful graphics, including a big heart scrawled with the words "I Love You."
For her performance later in the show, MIA shed the controversial robe, which many argue is sexist and oppressive, and opted for another head-turning getup -- bright purple pants and a yellow top, both covered in sequins, accented with a sky-blue, bobbed wig (how very Katy Perry!) and lime green tennis shoes.
In addition to MIA's sartorial antics, see who accessorized their outfit with a 2010 Spike Scream Award, which honors the best performers in the sci-fi and horror genres, when the show airs on Oct. 20 at 9PM on Spike.
Get More on StyleList >>>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- Is Scott Disick off the Wagon?
- Christening Time for Princess Charlotte!
- Red, White & 'I Do!': Surprise 4th of July Weddings!
- Malia Obama Interning on Girls Set This Summer, Working With Lena Dunham
- Bobby Brown Performs at July 4th Celebration While Bobbi Kristina Is in Hospice Care: Pics, Details
- Prince George Looks Like Prince William's Double in Cute Christening Outfit: See The Amazing Flashback Photo