MIA Makes a Statement With Her Burqa
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Oct 18th 2010 02:06PM
Perhaps trying to make a statement about the recent burqa ban in France and Muslim-phobia sweeping the nation, MIA's version of the conservative Islamic garment also contained bold and colorful graphics, including a big heart scrawled with the words "I Love You."
For her performance later in the show, MIA shed the controversial robe, which many argue is sexist and oppressive, and opted for another head-turning getup -- bright purple pants and a yellow top, both covered in sequins, accented with a sky-blue, bobbed wig (how very Katy Perry!) and lime green tennis shoes.
In addition to MIA's sartorial antics, see who accessorized their outfit with a 2010 Spike Scream Award, which honors the best performers in the sci-fi and horror genres, when the show airs on Oct. 20 at 9PM on Spike.
Get More on StyleList >>>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Cold Justice' episode spurs arrest in 1997 Arizona killing
- Publicist hired Joan Rivers impersonator to make 'last recording session' tape
- Jennifer Garner's strict rules: 'I don't let my kids on a computer without me'
- The high-end version of Apple Watch might cost $5K
- Liam Neeson, Bono have been working on a movie script for six years
- Andy Samberg teams with Umami Burger to create ?The Samberger'
- Extra Scoop: ?Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Resting After Being Hospitalized
- Katie Holmes Looks Sexy in the City, Muses on ?Dawson's Creek' Reunion
- Joan Rivers' Doctor Reportedly Revealed: Who Is She?