MIA Makes a Statement With Her Burqa
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Oct 18th 2010 02:06PM
Perhaps trying to make a statement about the recent burqa ban in France and Muslim-phobia sweeping the nation, MIA's version of the conservative Islamic garment also contained bold and colorful graphics, including a big heart scrawled with the words "I Love You."
For her performance later in the show, MIA shed the controversial robe, which many argue is sexist and oppressive, and opted for another head-turning getup -- bright purple pants and a yellow top, both covered in sequins, accented with a sky-blue, bobbed wig (how very Katy Perry!) and lime green tennis shoes.
In addition to MIA's sartorial antics, see who accessorized their outfit with a 2010 Spike Scream Award, which honors the best performers in the sci-fi and horror genres, when the show airs on Oct. 20 at 9PM on Spike.
Get More on StyleList >>>
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amalie Lee documents recovery from anorexia on Instagram
- How 'Fear of The Walking Dead' star Elizabeth Rodriguez deals with gore
- Miley Cyrus disses Taylor Swift: 'I don't want to be in the squad'
- Extra Scoop: Josh Duggar ‘Lived a Covert and Extensive Life of Evil' Says Jessa's Father-in-Law
- Emmy Rossum Is Engaged to 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail
- Brody Jenner Talks Deejaying and Caitlyn as He Helps Open SKY Waikiki
- Joan Rivers Honored in Fashion Police Return, Daughter Melissa Introduces New "What Would Joan Say?" Segment
- Peta Murgatroyd Pulls Out of Dancing With The Stars Season 21 Due to Ankle Injury: Details
- Taylor Swift, Brother Austin Swift Stay Humble, Share Awesome #TBT Photo of Life on the Farm