Neil Patrick Harris Wants Kids to Have a 'Normal Childhood'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 18th 2010 08:32AM
Neil Patrick Harris and his partner, David Burtka, showed no signs of new parent stress Saturday as they took their pups out for a stroll in Studio City, California. Just days after welcoming home their twins, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace, both gentleman looked more in love than ever.
"Neil and David are going to make sure their kids have a normal childhood," a friend of the couple's tells me. "As parents, they are more worried about the impact Neil's fame and wealth will have on their kids than being gay parents."
Neil, who acted for years as a child before he became famous as 'Doogie Howser, MD,' isn't the only child star who feels they missed out on a normal childhood. Christina Ricci and Michael Jackson have both spoken out about the huge cost of their unusual lives, something Neil and David are determined their twins will not experience.
"The last thing in the world David or Neil want is for the twins to go into showbiz at an early age. Just because daddy was a huge child TV star doesn't mean the couple want that for their kids," said an insider, who believes Gideon and Harper will get an old-fashioned upbringing. "That means strict bedtime, regular school and playtime and lots and lots of love."
The 'How I Met Your Mother' star announced the "Babies!!" on Twitter on Friday and is already cracking jokes about the joys of fatherhood: "Youngsters," he told his followers on Saturday. "They cry a lot. I thought it was just a long bit that they were doing. I keep saying, 'Annnnd, scene!'... but nothing happens."
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Good News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Neil Patrick Harris
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Neil Patrick Harris Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Jasmine Tridevil 'flattered' her three-breasted look is a Halloween hit
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs