Neil Patrick Harris Wants Kids to Have a 'Normal Childhood'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 18th 2010 08:32AM
Neil Patrick Harris and his partner, David Burtka, showed no signs of new parent stress Saturday as they took their pups out for a stroll in Studio City, California. Just days after welcoming home their twins, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace, both gentleman looked more in love than ever.
"Neil and David are going to make sure their kids have a normal childhood," a friend of the couple's tells me. "As parents, they are more worried about the impact Neil's fame and wealth will have on their kids than being gay parents."
Neil, who acted for years as a child before he became famous as 'Doogie Howser, MD,' isn't the only child star who feels they missed out on a normal childhood. Christina Ricci and Michael Jackson have both spoken out about the huge cost of their unusual lives, something Neil and David are determined their twins will not experience.
"The last thing in the world David or Neil want is for the twins to go into showbiz at an early age. Just because daddy was a huge child TV star doesn't mean the couple want that for their kids," said an insider, who believes Gideon and Harper will get an old-fashioned upbringing. "That means strict bedtime, regular school and playtime and lots and lots of love."
The 'How I Met Your Mother' star announced the "Babies!!" on Twitter on Friday and is already cracking jokes about the joys of fatherhood: "Youngsters," he told his followers on Saturday. "They cry a lot. I thought it was just a long bit that they were doing. I keep saying, 'Annnnd, scene!'... but nothing happens."
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Baby -
- Famous Couples -
- Good News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Neil Patrick Harris
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Neil Patrick Harris Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Star Wars Christmas Lights Display Uses the Force to Win the Holidays: Watch
- Ashley Benson, Ryan Good Split Again After Dating On and Off for Three Years
- Rosie O'Donnell Says The View Often Invites a Fifth Host to "Help", Recalls First Awkward Meeting With Co-Host Nicolle Wallace
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her
- Diane von Furstenberg Busts a Move on Her Fashion Week Runway—See the Cute House of DVF Clip!
- This Amazing Star Wars Christmas Light Show Will Make Feel Terrible About Your Holiday Decorations
- One Direction Guys Reveal Man Crushes on David Beckham, Russell Brand, Johnny Depp and More!