Time for Jessica Simpson to Let Papa Joe Go?
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 19th 2010 08:31AM
After Jessica Simpson's manager (and father), Joe Simpson, foolishly kicked a group of singing U.S. combat veterans off his daughter's PBS holiday special, Jessica has been under intense pressure from across the spectrum to fire her dad and hire a real manager.
"Jess is really talented, it's clear that what's holding her career back is her father," an insider tells me. "Joe is impossible to work with and makes terrible decisions that poor Jessica has to put up with. Now, both music and movie people are telling her she needs to let him go."
Barring the troops because Joe didn't approve of their wardrobe (they were in commando pants and blazers, the same outfits they wore when they sang for General David Petraeus on the USS Intrepid) isn't the first time Jessica's manager has put his Texan boot in his mouth.
A few years ago, Papa Joe scheduled and then canceled a meeting between Jessica and President George W. Bush after convincing himself that it wouldn't be a good idea for Jess to attend a Republican fundraiser the night before she met with politicians of both parties to lobby on behalf of the saintly charitable organization Operation Smile.
A friend of the multi-talented beauty tells me that in spite of all the glaring signs that Team Jessica needs a new pilot, Simpson "just can't find it in her heart to let him go."
"Jess knows how much Joe loves being a manager," the friend reveals. "His entire identity is about being her manager, plus he has made a lot of money from her at the same time."
I say go back to being a father, Joe. After all, isn't that really the best job any man could have?
Jessica Simpson Snapshots
Jessica Simpson poses with Houston Texas police officers at an in-store appearance introducing her Jessica Simpson Collection at Dillard's Baybrook on September 25, 2010 in Friendswood, Texas. Jessica Simpson Collection In-Store Appearance at Dillard's Baybrook Dillard's Baybrook Friendswood, TX United States September 25, 2010 Photo by Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com To license this image (61805032), contact WireImage.com
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jessica Simpson
MORE ABOUT Jessica Simpson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jessica Simpson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards, Justin Bieber booed
- Kellie Pickler: Maxim Hot 100 list doesn't make you hot
- Stars who lost their mojo
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEEDMore News at Huffington Post Li
- PopWatch Planner: ?Fast & Furious 6,' ?The Hangover Part III,' ?Modern Family' season finale, and more
- ?All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' season finale: And the winner is?
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- Photos! At the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- David Beckham Cries at Last Soccer Game
- Kanye West on ?SNL': Performs ?New Slaves,' ?Black Skinhead'
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Break Up; Kanye West Debuts New Music on Saturday Night Live: Top Stories From the Weekend
- Kesha Nearly Flashes Butt at Billboard Music Awards: Picture
- Jennifer Nettles Shows Off Slim, Stunning Post-Baby Body at Billboard Music Awards