Levi Johnston: I Don't Need to Be Qualified to Be Mayor
By AOL TV Editors Posted Oct 19th 2010 07:20AM
When asked by Barbara Walters what his qualifications for mayor were, Johnston pointed out that the job doesn't call for any and that his lack of experience shouldn't be an impediment. "Qualifications for mayor, there really are none," he said, to several loud guffaws from the audience.
"You've got to live in city limits for one year. You don't need a high school diploma, which I'm working on anyway."
Later, Whoopi Goldberg asked Johnston to give details on his platform, but he came up short again.
"At this point in time, I couldn't tell you," he said, adding that he only announced his run for mayor a month ago and hasn't yet planned a strategy.
"But usually when people say they're running for mayor, they've thought about it before they actually run," Sherri Shepherd countered.
In August, Johnston's manager confirmed Johnston's plans to run for the office as part of a reality TV show and insisted he was serious about it.
Johnston said the only real qualification is to live in the city limits for a year before the election. He believes he's as qualified as any other candidate, saying he thinks it's important to listen to the people and their concerns. Watch:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis Throw Wilmer Valderrama Surprise 35th Birthday Bash -- Get the Inside Details!
- Sheryl Crow Posts Adorable Childhood Picture on Throwback Thursday
- James Middleton: It's "Frustrating" Being Kate Middleton's Brother, "I Work Incredibly Hard"
- Extra security planned for Bill Cosby's show in Ohio
- Danny Trejo plays Marcia Brady in Snickers spot, but always had crush on her mom
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs