Go Behind the Scenes of 'Today' -- Exclusive Tour!
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 19th 2010 12:31PM
Hoda starts her morning at work by reading through her notes and the morning papers. Then comes the "crucial part of the day," as she puts it: Picking out an outfit that won't clash with Kathie Lee's. If they do have a mishap, who changes first? "Kathie Lee," Hoda jokes. "Because she has more money. And more clothes."
PopEater also got to go where no cameras have gone before: the duo's makeup room, where KLG zings that the intrepid makeup artists are "exhausted by the time they get me in the chair. They've done everybody but Willard Scott by the time I get here."
As you've seen, Kathie Lee gets unbridled joy out of picking on Hoda about men and her social life, but what do the pair really think of each other? Executive producer Jim Bell calls them "the girlfriends" of morning television. "They love each other; they support each other. I think there's a real bond there that you don't see anywhere else."
We agree, and nowhere else do you get that sense of sisterly love between the two than in Hoda's fab new memoir, 'Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer and Kathie Lee.' Nice title, right? "I sprung it on her during a wine-soaked lunch," Hoda tells me. "She loved it -- after the third glass of Chardonnay."
Stay tuned for more footage and interviews from our exclusive tour of 'Today'!
Exclusive Tour of 'Today'!
PopEater's Rob Shuter (that's Naughty But Nice Rob to you trusted readers) visits with Kathie Lee and Hoda on the set of the 'Today' show in New York City. Click for More Fun Pics!
Ben Trivett, PopEater
Ben Trivett, PopEater
Exclusive Tour of Today
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Videos -
- Interviews -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Reveals Her Love Affair With David Bowie: "He's Worth Idolizing"
- Brandi Glanville Pulls a Ramona Singer, Plans to Release White Wine Brand
- Zoe Saldana Looks Radiant, Shows Baby Bump in Burgundy Shirtdress: See a Picture of the Pregnant Star
- Ariane Bellamar's Happy Ending! Seven Months After Tech Tycoon Boyfriend Patrick Henry Savagely Beat Her, The ?Beverly Hills Nanny' Star Gets Engaged To ?Sweet' Real Estate Agent Tanner Slaught
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Find Out Why Scarlett Johansson, Joss Whedon and More Famous Faces Were Missing at Comic-Con
- One Direction's Zayn Malik Receives Death Threats for #FreePalestine Tweet
- Best Dressed Stars at Comic-Con 2014: Megan Fox's Sexy Mini, Jessica Alba's Flirty Crop Top & More!