Teresa Giudice Paid Less Than Other 'Housewives'
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 20th 2010 10:10AM
Exclusive: Tension is building between Bravo and everyone's favorite Jersey 'Housewife,' Teresa Giudice, who has been holding back on re-upping her contract for the hit reality series. But contrary to popular belief that Teresa is just being a money-hungry diva (she's got financial problems, ya know), friends and TV insiders tell me it's simply a matter of fairness.
"I think people deserve to know the truth," a close friend of Teresa tells me exclusively. "Bravo pays Caroline and Jacqueline more than Teresa and she isn't holding out because she thinks she's bigger. She just wants to make the same."
My rock-solid source calls it "crazy" that one of the most popular 'Housewives' in the franchise (the biggest, if you're counting magazine covers) makes less than her fellow Garden Staters.
"She brings in ratings and [really] invites viewers into her house, even the birthing room of her daughter," my source says. "That she gets less -- that's crazy!"
Here's how it works: Bravo claims they can only pay the women the exact same amount (it's $250k this season). No one can have more, however, the way the network gets around it is compensating the adult children of the Manzos.
"Teresa understands her children can't get paid because of issues with child labor laws, but she just she just wants them to have a college fund," an inside source tells me.
I'm told Teresa believes that each of the three families (Manzos, Lauritas, Giudices) should be getting the same.
"It's actually harder for Teresa because her children are small," my source says. "She doesn't have a nanny, and she needs to pay babysitters when Bravo forces her to leave town for filming and press."
Adding the amount that adult children are given, I've learned the Manzos are getting $310,000, the Lauritas are second with $270,000 and the Giudices receive the base rate of $250,000.
"Bravo could make it even by giving the Giudice girls a college fund or trust or by paying for a babysitter or an assistant for Teresa, yet they won't," a friend tells me.
Sounds fair to me. Stay tuned, I'm hearing some MASSIVE 'Housewives' news could be hitting the headlines this week.
Real Housewives of New Jersey
Teresa Giudice from "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" hosts a party and book signing September 25, 2010 at The Funky Munkey nightclub in Wilmington, Delaware "The Real Housewives Of New Jersey" Party Hosted By Teresa Giudice Funky Monkey Wilmington, DE United States September 25, 2010 Photo by Bill McCay/WireImage.com To license this image (61809504), contact WireImage.com
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Teresa Giudice
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Smooch For the Kiss Cam at L.A. Lakers Game
- Tom Brady's High School Coach Reveals He Was Once Locked in a Locker in High School, Confirms He's Always Been That Hot
- Miss California USA Contestant Chanelle Riggan Suffers Bikini Malfunction During Pageant, Recovers Like a Pro
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Katie Holmes to portray businesswoman in 'Ray Donovan'
- 2 Chainz considers running for mayor in hometown
- Gabrielle Union Recasts Bring It On, Reveals Surprise Dream Role and Talks Importance of Strengthening Her Own Brand
- Ariana Grande vs. Russell Wilson: Who Rocked a Seattle Seahawks Jersey Better? Find Out Whose Look the Quarterback's Teammates Prefer!
- Hugh Jackman's "Slightly Frozen" Puppy Is So Adorable After Surviving Snowmageddon—See the Cute Pics!