Will 'Dear John' Stay Mum or Respond to Taylor Swift?
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 21st 2010 09:00PM
Taylor Swift stunned everyone this week when she graced the cover of PEOPLE and told all about her relationships with Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner. Now, what has everyone on the edge of their seats is how notorious kiss-and-teller John Mayer is going to respond to what Taylor is probably saying about him in her new song, 'Dear John.'
"Don't you think I was too young to be messed with," Taylor asks in the song (talking about the 33-year-old John?). "Maybe it's you and your sick need to give love and take it away."
There have long been rumors that the two were romantically involved in 2009 while collaborating on 'Half of My Heart,' a track from his last album.
Everyone knows John "loves publicity and lives for this" type of situation, a giddy friend of John's tells me. "She can bet that right now he is sitting in his apartment thinking of some witty way to respond. Writing a response to 'Dear John' called 'Dear Taylor' would be too obvious, so expect something much bigger than that."
And although John's friend has no idea exactly what the crooner will do, his history with the ladies should give Taylor reason to worry. Who can forget the explicit details he gave about Jessica Simpson in a Playboy interview in February. Or how he held a presser to tell the world about his ugly breakup with America's sweetheart Jennifer Aniston.
"Sure Taylor has a right to say whatever she wants but she needs to know she is playing with fire," an insider tells me. Taylor writes, "Don't you think nineteen's too young to be played by your dark, twisted games when I loved you so?"
Yes I do, sweet Taylor, and let's just hope the man you are writing about does too. Although given his track record I wouldn't hold your breath.
Taylor Swift Snapshots
Intense Much? Taylor Swift arrives at the premiere of 'Easy A' in Los Angeles on Sept. 13. Check out hundreds more photos of the uber-talented star >>
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- John Mayer -
- Taylor Swift
MORE ABOUT John Mayer
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about John Mayer Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pregnant celebs without the shy gene
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr dating former spouses?
- Tara Reid releases 'Sharknado'-inspired perfume. No, really
- Lee Pace names the sex scene he's rewound? a lot
- Stephen Colbert gives heartfelt advice (no, really) to teenage girls
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude While Pregnant; Kim Kardashian Shares Nearly Naked Instagram: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Zoe Saldana Defends Crossroads Costar Britney Spears After Auto-Tune Controversy: She's "an Abundance" of Good Energy
- Justin Bieber Celebrates Riccardo Tisci's Birthday With Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner -- See the Pics!