Omari Hardwick stars as undercover detective Ty Curtis on the TNT cop drama. He was a college football player and poet who got his break in Spike Lee's 'Sucker Free City.' But he says his inspiration comes from a star of the court, not the entertainment world.
"Hip-hop artists like Drake for example crossed all barriers from pop to hip hop to even rock and rock and he's done it via the Internet and controlling his fate with destiny. He's a bigger underground artist than he's even an overground artist. Maybe in an equivalent way, LeBron James just showed the younger generation that you can do the same thing with sports," says Hardwick.
LeBron James was able to take control of his own career and destiny.
"I think it's amazing that LeBron was able to take control of his own career and own destiny to the chagrin of many owners who are very upset and people that are in more controlling positions in his world of the NBA. At 26 years old being a pop culture icon he said 'Nope I'm doing exactly what I want do to the way I want to do it and when I want to do it' and I say hats off to that."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kris Jenner Talks Finalizing Bruce Jenner Divorce—Plus, Will They Still Celebrate Christmas Together? Watch Now!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!