Omari Hardwick stars as undercover detective Ty Curtis on the TNT cop drama. He was a college football player and poet who got his break in Spike Lee's 'Sucker Free City.' But he says his inspiration comes from a star of the court, not the entertainment world.
"Hip-hop artists like Drake for example crossed all barriers from pop to hip hop to even rock and rock and he's done it via the Internet and controlling his fate with destiny. He's a bigger underground artist than he's even an overground artist. Maybe in an equivalent way, LeBron James just showed the younger generation that you can do the same thing with sports," says Hardwick.
LeBron James was able to take control of his own career and destiny.
"I think it's amazing that LeBron was able to take control of his own career and own destiny to the chagrin of many owners who are very upset and people that are in more controlling positions in his world of the NBA. At 26 years old being a pop culture icon he said 'Nope I'm doing exactly what I want do to the way I want to do it and when I want to do it' and I say hats off to that."
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Josiah Duggar Celebrates 19th Birthday Amid Brother Josh's Treatment Center Stay
- Kourtney Kardashian Bonds With Son Reign As Scott Disick Parties With Kylie Jenner and Tyga
- Tila Tequila Kicked Off Celebrity Big Brother for Past Hitler Rant
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Robin Wright & Ben Foster Split and Call Off Their Engagement Again
- Caitlyn Jenner and Candis Cayne Meet With a Matchmaker in I Am Cait Sneak Peek—Watch Now!
- Tila Tequila Kicked Off Celebrity Big Brother Over Past Hitler and Nazi Holocaust Comments, Then Apologizes