Wife of 'America's Got Talent' Contestant Found Dead in Hotel
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 25th 2010 07:20PM
Los Angeles police are investigating the death of a woman found dead in a hotel stairwell while visiting her husband, a contestant on 'America's Got Talent,' RadarOnline.com is reporting. Laura Finley, wife of contestant Joe Finley, was found in stairwell at the Millenium Hotel in Los Angeles on Saturday morning. Auditions for 'America's Got Talent' were being held at the hotel.
Surprisingly, Joe auditioned for the show while his wife was still considered missing. RadarOnline.com reports he told police she was missing but then went to his audition anyway.
TMZ.com reports Joe told police he and Laura took ecstasy on Friday night before hitting the town. He said they came home and eventually went to sleep. At 3am, Laura got out of bed and left the room. He assumed she was getting ice. When he woke up the next morning, she was gone.
After his audition, police interviewed him again which is when he revealed the two were on drugs the night before and that he still had some. Joe was then arrested for drug possession and taken into custody. He was released on $10,000 bail on Sunday.
Police suspect Laura fell from the 11th floor to the 3rd floor and have deferred the cause of death--it's still undetermined whether her death was a suicide, homicide, or accident.
But Joe claims that his wife was murdered. "Somebody threw her off that railing," he said to TMZ.
Manfred Westphal, a spokesperson for Fremantle Media, which produces 'America's Got Talent', released the following statement to RadarOnline, "We are fully cooperating with authorities to investigate this very unfortunate situation and have no further comment at this time."
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Klum Goes Topless, Zac Posen Covers her Breasts with his Hands
- Julia Roberts, Jimmy Fallon Throw Giant Balls at Each Other's Faces, Get Squashed Noses
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Delusional Or Determined To Save His Marriage? Hank Baskett ?Totally In Denial' About Fall-Out From Transsexual Scandal, Claims Source
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!