Katy and Russell's Wedding ... Why So Secretive?
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 25th 2010 08:08AM
Funnyman Russell Brand and songbird Katy Perry said "I Do" on Saturday night in India in a tight-lipped and secretive ceremony. I'm told the beaming couple wasn't as concerned about their privacy as they were trying to make sure no stray photos or details were leaked so they could sell everything about their special day to a single British magazine.
"The very private affair was attended by the couple's closest family and friends, all of whom were told not to bring cell phones or cameras," an insider tells me. "Overlooking the magical countryside of northern India, one official photographer was seen taking snaps throughout the three-day event."
According to the Sunday Mirror, coverage of the event was sold exclusively to Hello! magazine, which will be publishing the exclusive pictures. No other journalists were allowed entry.
Elephants, a red carpet and traditional Indian wedding procession make this the biggest celebrity wedding since Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes got married in a castle in Italy. Indian musicians playing sitars and kettle drums and sacred chanting could be heard throughout the luxury resort, which glimmered with white and gold lights, making the atmosphere even more exotic for the bride, groom and guests.
"All these magical details, plus the fact that the couple had a photographer attend the Bollywood-themed party the night before, where Katy wore a red sari, make these images worth a bundle," one weekly editor in chief told me.
With Brand's popularity in Britain, it should come as no surprise that most interest came from the UK magazine market, but don't worry, sources tell me it won't be long until we get to see them in the U.S. and feel like we were guests ourselves.
Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Brand!
Katy Perry Pics
©BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM Wedding guests of Katy Perry and Russell Brand caravan on motorcycles and safari Jeeps through the mob of photographers the day after the ceremony. NON-EXCLUSIVE October 24, 2010 Job: 74077EH Ranthambore, India www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Katy Perry
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Taylor Swift Stays True to Her ?No Dating' Policy
- Virgin Galactic Crash: The Stars Who've Signed Up to Go Into Space
- Emma Watson, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Others Shine at 2014 Britannia Awards
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!