Lindsay Can't Afford Rehab; Looking for a Sponsor
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 25th 2010 10:35AM
You would think that Lindsay Lohan would be jumping for joy since a judge decided to order her back to rehab rather than to jail, however, sources tell me neither option made the troubled actress very happy. Why? Because the strapped 'Mean Girls' star will now need to find a sponsor to help cover her bill at the Betty Ford Center.
"Lindsay can't afford to pay for treatment," a friend told me after Superior Court Judge Elden Fox ordered her to remain there until Jan. 3. "Three months at the facility will cost her almost $50,000, which she doesn't have."
Lohan's probation report confirms that the star's "clothing line is falling apart because she is not available to monitor the product," and any money she hoped to earn from filming 'Inferno' will have to wait until she leaves rehab.
"There is simply no money left," an insider tells me. "Lindsay manages to live high off the generosity of others; however, asking for free clothes and dinners at fancy restaurants is one thing, asking for $50,000 cash is something totally different. Her people tried and failed to sell her first post rehab interview for big bucks, so her only option now is to find some sort of sponsor."
Or maybe find a cheaper rehab, Lindsay!
My Appearance on 'Today'! KLG, Hoda and I dish all about LiLo:
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Shearer returning to 'The Simpsons' with new deal
- Paula Deen blasted for brownface Twitter picture
- Whoopi Goldberg: Bill Cosby is 'innocent until proven guilty'
- 'Walking Dead' Creator to Miss Comic-Con
- Ventriloquist Superstar Jeff Dunham Sues Over Dummy Piracy
- 'Castle' Enlists 'Neighbors' Favorite as Regular for Season 8
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Excellent: Harry Shearer Will Return to 'The Simpsons' After All
- 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Casts Its Main Villain
- 'James Bond: The Musical' Is Coming to Broadway in 2017