Brendan James Becomes One of 'The Lucky Ones'
By Ashley Iasimone Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:45PM
"A lot," James told PopEater, laughing. "It was one of those things ... you're so desperate. Nobody's heard your music. You just wanna write better songs and become a better piano player. You'll just do anything."
James, who's been writing music since he was 19 -- and cites Neil Young, Bob Dylan and James Taylor, plus more modern pop-rock artists, as influences -- has moved to California and released two albums. Earlier this month, he had the opportunity to perform live on the 'Rachael Ray Show.'
"I don't tend to get nervous anymore unless it's a really big thing, and it's about five seconds beforehand and I'm like, 'Holy s---," James said after playing the piano-driven songs 'Different Kind of Love,' 'Nothing for Granted' and 'The Fall' for PopEater's staff.
"I might make an apple crisp [for Rachel Ray]. Someone gave me that idea," James added, revealing that the show's producers encouraged him to go along with the baking project. "I don't make many things, but I do make a pretty bada-- apple crisp."
We're not sure if a bake-off took place in the end, but either way, you can check out his sweet new live performance video of 'The Lucky Ones' below, as well as photos from his visit.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joan Rivers under fire for joke about kidnapped Cleveland women
- California high court won't review conviction of Michael Jackson's doctor
- Hollywood sex abuse suit: Theater producer denies allegations
- ?Arrow' recap: Mama knows best
- ?Survivor: Cagayan': And the eliminated contestant is?
- ?Game of Thrones' workout plan will give you Kingslayer abs
- Extra Scoop: Chris Brown to Remain in Jail Until June!
- Kelly Reilly Explains Mysterious ?Black Box'
- Abby Huntsman Talks Chelsea Clinton and ?DWTS' with Mario Lopez