Charlie Sheen Hospitalized After Naked Run-In With Police at NYC Hotel
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 10:45AM
Charlie Sheen has long maintained a reputation as a Hollywood bad boy, and now an apparently wild night in the Big Apple has everyone talking. The actor, who is in town with ex-wife Denise Richards and daughters Sam and Lola, reportedly trashed his suite at the Plaza Hotel overnight after realizing his wallet was missing, causing hotel security to call the police. According to the New York Post, when the authorities arrived at around 2AM on Tuesday, Sheen was both drunk and naked, having badly damaged his surroundings in a fit of rage. Police described Sheen as being "emotionally disturbed" when they arrived. Police gave Sheen a choice between jail and treatment, and he was subsequently admitted to a New York hospital, accompanied by Richards. Sheen's rep, Stan Rosenfield, tells PopEater, "Charlie had an allergic reaction to some medication" and was expected to be released from the hospital on Wednesday.
However, sources tell PopEater that Sheen has already left the hospital and will be back in Los Angeles tonight. We're told he is already on the plane back home.
Adding a scandalous sheen to this already-bizarre story, a source tells Life & Style magazine that the star was entertaining an escort at the time of his alleged outburst. "She was fearing for her life and was naked," the source says of the woman, who was allegedly hiding in the hotel room closet. "Charlie was incoherent but started screaming slurs at the cops."
RadarOnline.com is also reporting that Sheen was with a prostitute before his breakdown and that he believed she was the one who had stolen his wallet, igniting the outburst. In the 1990s, the actor was named as a regular customer of Heidi Fleiss, who was also known as the "Hollywood Madam."
The website also alleges that despite his being on a family vacation, Sheen had been doing cocaine for several days. See RadarOnline.com creator and executive vice president David Perel talk about the incident with PopEater:
The Plaza's public relations agency tells PopEater that the iconic hotel overlooking Central Park is not commenting at this time.
The troubled star, whose substance abuse problems have been widely reported, checked himself into rehab as a "preventative measure" in early 2010. Sheen reportedly accepted treatment instead of jail time following allegations of domestic assault by his estranged wife Brooke Mueller, mother of his 1-year-old twins, Bob and Max.
According to TMZ, Sheen is eight days shy of completing probation in the Aspen domestic violence case and that the D.A.'s office is aware of the incident in New York.
He currently stars on the hit CBS sitcom 'Two and a Half Men.'
Charlie Sheen Snapshots
ASPEN, CO - AUGUST 02: Charlie Sheen arrives at the Pitkin County Courthhose on August 2, 2010 in Aspen, Colorado. (Photo by Riccardo S. Savi/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Charlie Sheen
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenelle Evans of Teen Mom 2 Wears Crop Top, Shows Off Flat Stomach Two Months After Giving Birth: Picture
- Heather Morris Is Engaged to Longtime Boyfriend Taylor Hubbell
- Suge Knight Released From Hospital After Getting Shot 6 Times During Pre-VMA Shooting
- Go Directly To Jail! Feds Order ‘RHOA’ Star Apollo Nida To Report To Prison ? Details Of His Surrender
- Bali Suitcase Slaughter Is Getting Serious ? U.S. Attorney Urges Client Heather Mack To Hire Local Representative As Potential Death Penalty Looms
- It’s Over! Mariah Carey Drowning Her Sorrows Over Failed Nick Cannon Marriage —‘She Drinks Champagne Till Dawn’
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- If USC Football Player Josh Shaw's Story About Jumping Into a Pool to Save a Drowning Boy Sounded Too Heroic to Be True... Well, It Was
- Chris O'Dowd and Wife, Dawn O'Porter, Reveal They're Expecting a Baby During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Bitch Stole Our Look! Rosie Huntington-Whiteley vs. Olivia Palermo vs. Suki Waterhouse vs. Cara Delevingne in Burberry