MTV Host TJ Lavin Out of Coma and Talking
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:25PM
Lavin, whose bike skills are the inspiration for the video game 'MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX', suffered broken ribs, a shattered wrist, and loss of consciousness after falling while attempting a stunt at the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas.
The biker, a multiple X-Games gold medalist, was reportedly hoping to make the Dew Tour his final ride as a pro BMXer.
Despite the severe nature of his injuries, Lavin's manager and business partner, Chas Aday told Us Weekly, "He's off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He's getting better day by day."
While Aday admits that his friend is "not making a lot of sense right now," he says Lavin is "putting the pieces of the puzzle together" and that doctors expect him to recover fully from his injuries.
Lavin, whose mother, girlfriend, and friends have been visiting him constantly since his hospital admission, is scheduled for wrist surgery on Tuesday. No word has been given yet on when he will be released.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber Finally Allowed to Leave LAX After Being Detained
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Takes a Pilates Class, New Mom Olivia Wilde Tweets About Baby Peeing In Face: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Jodie Foster Flashes Wedding Ring After Secretly Tying the Knot With Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison: Picture
- Once A Cheater, Always A Cheater? Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott’s Previous Infidelities With Their Spouses Could Be A Sign Of Their Future Together
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'