MTV Host TJ Lavin Out of Coma and Talking
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:25PM
Lavin, whose bike skills are the inspiration for the video game 'MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX', suffered broken ribs, a shattered wrist, and loss of consciousness after falling while attempting a stunt at the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas.
The biker, a multiple X-Games gold medalist, was reportedly hoping to make the Dew Tour his final ride as a pro BMXer.
Despite the severe nature of his injuries, Lavin's manager and business partner, Chas Aday told Us Weekly, "He's off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He's getting better day by day."
While Aday admits that his friend is "not making a lot of sense right now," he says Lavin is "putting the pieces of the puzzle together" and that doctors expect him to recover fully from his injuries.
Lavin, whose mother, girlfriend, and friends have been visiting him constantly since his hospital admission, is scheduled for wrist surgery on Tuesday. No word has been given yet on when he will be released.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Laverne Cox Got a Christmas Card From Beyonce, Almost Couldn't Handle It
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- Ray Rice and Future Wife Janay Palmer Kissed While in Handcuffs in Aftermath of Elevator Fight: New Surveillance Footage Released
- The Duck Dynasty Family Christmas Card Is Here and the Robertsons All Have Dancing With the Stars Fever!
- ''No F--ks Given:'' Woman Defies Parking Enforcement, Drives Off With Boot on Her Car—Watch!