MTV Host TJ Lavin Out of Coma and Talking
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:25PM
Lavin, whose bike skills are the inspiration for the video game 'MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX', suffered broken ribs, a shattered wrist, and loss of consciousness after falling while attempting a stunt at the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas.
The biker, a multiple X-Games gold medalist, was reportedly hoping to make the Dew Tour his final ride as a pro BMXer.
Despite the severe nature of his injuries, Lavin's manager and business partner, Chas Aday told Us Weekly, "He's off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He's getting better day by day."
While Aday admits that his friend is "not making a lot of sense right now," he says Lavin is "putting the pieces of the puzzle together" and that doctors expect him to recover fully from his injuries.
Lavin, whose mother, girlfriend, and friends have been visiting him constantly since his hospital admission, is scheduled for wrist surgery on Tuesday. No word has been given yet on when he will be released.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ben Affleck Shares Hilarious Parenting Stories, Says He's Turning into Crazy Sports Dad
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Once Sent Matt Damon a Bed -- and He Never Said Thank You!
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Blowout Fights, Dirty Diapers & Filthy Mile High Club Members: Flight Attendant Spills Airplane Horror Stories In Shocking New Tell-All
- Burned! Famed Restaurateur Wolfgang Puck Accused Of Overworking Employees In Lawsuit
- New BFFs! ?Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Goes On Road Trip With ?Teen Mom 2' Star Kailyn Lowry
- Is Carrie Underwood trading country music for Christian?
- The roles that got away
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Trouble in Paradise?