MTV Host TJ Lavin Out of Coma and Talking
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:25PM
Lavin, whose bike skills are the inspiration for the video game 'MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX', suffered broken ribs, a shattered wrist, and loss of consciousness after falling while attempting a stunt at the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas.
The biker, a multiple X-Games gold medalist, was reportedly hoping to make the Dew Tour his final ride as a pro BMXer.
Despite the severe nature of his injuries, Lavin's manager and business partner, Chas Aday told Us Weekly, "He's off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He's getting better day by day."
While Aday admits that his friend is "not making a lot of sense right now," he says Lavin is "putting the pieces of the puzzle together" and that doctors expect him to recover fully from his injuries.
Lavin, whose mother, girlfriend, and friends have been visiting him constantly since his hospital admission, is scheduled for wrist surgery on Tuesday. No word has been given yet on when he will be released.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''