MTV Host TJ Lavin Out of Coma and Talking
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 05:25PM
Lavin, whose bike skills are the inspiration for the video game 'MTV Sports: T.J. Lavin's Ultimate BMX', suffered broken ribs, a shattered wrist, and loss of consciousness after falling while attempting a stunt at the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas.
The biker, a multiple X-Games gold medalist, was reportedly hoping to make the Dew Tour his final ride as a pro BMXer.
Despite the severe nature of his injuries, Lavin's manager and business partner, Chas Aday told Us Weekly, "He's off the ventilator and breathing on his own. He's getting better day by day."
While Aday admits that his friend is "not making a lot of sense right now," he says Lavin is "putting the pieces of the puzzle together" and that doctors expect him to recover fully from his injuries.
Lavin, whose mother, girlfriend, and friends have been visiting him constantly since his hospital admission, is scheduled for wrist surgery on Tuesday. No word has been given yet on when he will be released.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Big Sean Tweets About Nicki Minaj's Butt, Ignores Ex Naya Rivera's Secret Wedding News
- Roland Mouret Collaborates with Banana Republic: Sneak Peek of the Designer's Capsule Collection
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down to Cleavage-Baring Bikini on "Last Day" to Get Tan: Picture
- Tara Reid Falls Off The Wagon And Into The Arms Of Her New Blonde Boyfriend
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum At The Nintendo Lounge On The ‘TV Guide Magazine’ Yacht during Comic-Con International
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Dee Snider using puppets to put his spin on Shakespeare in Broadway show
- Kendall vs. Kylie Jenner: Who's More of a "Marriage Girl?"—Watch Now to Find Out!
- Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Very "Affectionate" at Her 45th Birthday Dinner: All the Party Details!
- Miranda Kerr Claims It Takes Her 15 Minutes to Get Ready in the Morning