Whitney Port and MTV Say Goodbye to 'The City'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 07:18AM
It's the end of an era over at MTV. Whitney Port, formerly of 'The Hills,' confirmed to Ryan Seacrest that 'The City,' her spin-off show set in New York, has been canceled.
"As of right now, it doesn't really look like we're doing it anymore," she told Seacrest on his radio show.
For her part, the starlet is handling the news well. "I'm working on some other things. It's OK, one door closes and another opens."
Port rose to fame as Lauren Conrad's work BFF on 'The Hills,' which was set in Los Angeles. The network then gave Whitney her own East Coast version of the popular reality franchise.
'The Hills' recently ended its run after six seasons. That show, which made celebrities out of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, was itself a spin-off of 'Laguna Beach,' on which Conrad also appeared.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
DJ Pauly D from MTV's 'Jersey Shore' hangs out with Goofy at Walt Disney World in Florida.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Salvation Army Turns The Dress Debate Into a Powerful Conversation on Domestic Violence: Photo
- Katie Holmes Needs a Guy "Who Can Scoop Her Up and Do a Tango," Costar Norbert Leo Butz Says
- Dean Sheremet: The "Dumbest Thing" LeAnn Rimes Ever Did for Her Career "Was Divorce Me"
- Kim Kardashian says she has sex with Kanye West '500 times a day'
- John Mayer: I'm a 'recovered ego addict'
- The dress that went viral used in ad about domestic violence