Whitney Port and MTV Say Goodbye to 'The City'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 07:18AM
It's the end of an era over at MTV. Whitney Port, formerly of 'The Hills,' confirmed to Ryan Seacrest that 'The City,' her spin-off show set in New York, has been canceled.
"As of right now, it doesn't really look like we're doing it anymore," she told Seacrest on his radio show.
For her part, the starlet is handling the news well. "I'm working on some other things. It's OK, one door closes and another opens."
Port rose to fame as Lauren Conrad's work BFF on 'The Hills,' which was set in Los Angeles. The network then gave Whitney her own East Coast version of the popular reality franchise.
'The Hills' recently ended its run after six seasons. That show, which made celebrities out of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, was itself a spin-off of 'Laguna Beach,' on which Conrad also appeared.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
DJ Pauly D from MTV's 'Jersey Shore' hangs out with Goofy at Walt Disney World in Florida.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez Drops "Booty" Remix, Sexy Cover Art With Iggy Azalea: Listen!
- Drake, Nicki Minaj Shop at Convenience Store, He Treats Her to Snacks: Watch
- Rachel Bilson Goes Camping With Hayden Christensen for Her 33rd Birthday: New Bump Pictures
- Kourtney Kardashian Asking Booze-Drenched Scott Disick To Enter Rehab After Recent Tumble Off The Wagon
- Chris Martin & Coldplay Going On Tour ? Girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence Joining
- 'Sons of Guns' canceled after star Will Hayden arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping minor
- Farrah Abraham: MTV made a big mistake by firing me from 'Teen Mom' reunion
- Jennifer Aniston: I don't need to have kids
- Is Mila Kunis "Nervous" to Give Birth? Find Out How Ashton Kutcher Is Helping His Pregnant Fiancée
- Central Perk Is Real! You Can Hang Out at Friends' Iconic Coffee Shop in NYC
- I Tried 5 Wacky DIY Hair Treatments (Including Eggs on My Head) in Hopes of Achieving Blake Lively's Beautiful Tresses