Whitney Port and MTV Say Goodbye to 'The City'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 26th 2010 07:18AM
It's the end of an era over at MTV. Whitney Port, formerly of 'The Hills,' confirmed to Ryan Seacrest that 'The City,' her spin-off show set in New York, has been canceled.
"As of right now, it doesn't really look like we're doing it anymore," she told Seacrest on his radio show.
For her part, the starlet is handling the news well. "I'm working on some other things. It's OK, one door closes and another opens."
Port rose to fame as Lauren Conrad's work BFF on 'The Hills,' which was set in Los Angeles. The network then gave Whitney her own East Coast version of the popular reality franchise.
'The Hills' recently ended its run after six seasons. That show, which made celebrities out of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, was itself a spin-off of 'Laguna Beach,' on which Conrad also appeared.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
DJ Pauly D from MTV's 'Jersey Shore' hangs out with Goofy at Walt Disney World in Florida.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Friends Creator Says Stars' $1 Million Salaries Were "Ridiculous"
- Charlize Theron, Sean Penn Forced to Reunite for Reshoots of The Last Face Following Split -- and They Looked Less Than Thrilled
- John Green Defends Cara Delevingne After Disastrous Interview: "That's Why She's F—king Interesting"
- Alabama to release first new country album in 14 years
- Judge: Sale of convent to Katy Perry likely invalid
- Relativity Media files for bankruptcy protection
- This Is Definitely the Most Unique Birthday Party Theme for a 2-Year-Old You'll Ever See
- Ben Affleck's Nanny Claims They Were Intimate While in the Bahamas, Prompted Firing by Jennifer Garner, According to Friend
- Editors' Obsessions: Key Necklaces, Game-Changing Body Scrubs & More!