When Bill Returns to 'The View,' Joy Will Be Ready!
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 27th 2010 12:15PM
Get ready for round two, because Bill O'Reilly will no doubt be returning to 'The View,' but this time don't expect anyone to walk off the stage mid-argument. A 'View' insider tells me that although no date has been set, the FOX News titan will be back on the show soon.
"This was a huge moment for the show, my source says, referring to when Joy and Whoopi walked off during a heated discussion on the planned Islamic community center near Ground Zero. "Of course the producers want him back on. It's TV gold."
Barbara Walters, the show's executive producer, has said that Bill would definitely be invited back, regardless of how Whoopi and Joy feel about the decision. She's looking forward to seeing what happens the second time around.
And if anyone is expecting Joy to back away from the man she thought was spewing "hate speech," think again.
"Bring it on," a friend of Behar's tells me. "Joy isn't scared. She has more balls than Bill O'Reilly will ever have. This is a woman who was told she would never have her own show and now she's a ratings queen on HLN. She has had to fight her entire life and if 'The View' want to bring back Bill, Joy will be ready."
But will one key member of the cast go AWOL? A friend of Whoopi's tells me she has no plans to "sit down at the same table" as the controversial pundit again.
"Whoopi wants no part in a television battle with Bill," the Oscar winner's friend say. "She's way too smart to be fighting on TV with some man full of hate. What does she have to prove? She's got an Oscar on her shelf, a string of blockbuster movies and a Broadway play coming to New York. I'm sure the schedule will make sure that when Bill returns, Whoopi is coincidentally away that day with a prior commitment."
Either way, I haven't been this excited since 'Rocky II' (or was it IV?)!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heaven King Slays the Viral Game With New "Hit the Quan" Music Video
- Scott Disick Jammed Out to Kanye West Club Music With Rod and Kimberly Stewart: Details
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead: Les Miserables Broadway Actor Dies at 21
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Did The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman Just Throw Shade at Ex Josh Murray? See for Yourself!
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel's Son Axl Is the Cutest "Little Maverick" on His Second Birthday—See the Pic!
- Amy Purdy Gets Married! Dancing With the Stars and The Amazing Race Alumna Says "I Do" to Daniel Gale