Denise Richards and Deana Favre Should Thank the Lousy Men in Their Lives
By Jo Piazza Posted Oct 28th 2010 08:00PM
Yup you heard us right. We said thank. Both of these women have been out and about promoting personal projects this week, Denise Richards, the Spike TV series 'Blue Mountain State,' and Deana Favre, her new book 'The Cure For the Common Life.'
Both women are also dealing with scandals caused by the men in their lives. Denise's ex-husband Charlie Sheen was found in a compromising position in a New York City hotel room and Brett Favre is being accused of sending sultry text messages and pictures to an NFL hostess.
Sigh. Under normal circumstances these man-fails would be a burden to these two women, but the timing of both will end up being a boon.
Before Charlie was found with his pants around his ankles at the Plaza did any of you know that Denise Richards was making a return to acting? How many more people will be buying Deana's book because they want to know how she deals with living with such a cad. It's sad to say but these scandals are only bolstering these women's brands.
"This seems like a case of life imitating art. Not to dig at her previous book 'Don't Bet Against Me,' but I have no doubt their marriage was fodder for her latest release," said Brook Jay, President and CMO of All Terrain, a Chicago based experiential marketing firm. "When life gives you lemons, make vodka lemonade! This isn't the first time a wife will benefit from her husband's indiscretions and be able to move from being the plus one to the one. Hello Ivana Trump, Heather Mills and Kate Gosselin!"
Without her husband's improprieties Deana's book most likely be relegated to the bargain bin of the self-help genre, but with the scandal, she is suddenly a folk hero to millions of scorned women. Welcome to the New York Times bestseller list Deana.
"The combination of Favre's mad sexting and the ironic title of the book - Deanne Favre's life is acute at this point, far from chronic - should bring attention to a book that otherwise would have little to recommend it. After all, it's just another formula-filled mash of self-help cliches, now made more fascinating in morbid retrospect by the cliche that her husband has proved to be - a rare combination of unbridled jock entitlement and tawdry midlife crisis," says consumer marketing expert Adam Hanft, CEO of Hanft Projects.
There really is an upside to everything.
MORE ABOUT Denise Richards
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Denise Richards Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tiffani Thiessen Teaches Elizabeth Berkley How to Cook in Sweet Saved By the Bell Reunion
- Celeb Sightings: RHOM Stars Celebrate William Levy's Club Launch
- Eva Mendes Reveals Toned Legs in a Short Minidress: See Her Slim Post-Baby Body
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Ryan Reynolds' Hot Body Gets Taken Over by Ben Kingsley in Self/less Trailer: See the Clip!
- Kanye West Performs New Music During Surprise Concert at Koko in London—Watch!
- Whoa, There! Audrina Patridge Goes Braless and Comes So Close to a Wardrobe Malfunction—Take a Look!