'Teen Mom' Stars Earn $60,000 Per Season
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 28th 2010 05:30PM
The young parents of MTV's hit show 'Teen Mom' are making a pretty good living for being a bunch of teenagers. A series insider exclusively tells Life & Style magazine that the "stars earn $60,000 to $65,000 per season." That's more than many reality stars, but not as much as their fellow MTVers at the 'Jersey Shore' or 'The Hills,' whose stars used to make between $90-125,000 per episode.
"It's a monster hit," an insider tells me. "With ratings like that they deserve to be well compensated."
Indeed it's one of the biggest shows on the network and judging by amount of magazine covers they grace, the 'Teen' stars are arguably more bankable than those 'Jersey' boys and girls.
The $60k a year is enough money to provide on-again off-again couple Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley with comfortable lives, but neither one seems to be a good saver. "Gary says he's broke," Gary's best friend, Jordan Sanchez, tells Life & Style. "The money is the only reason he's willing to do the show. You can't walk away from money like that."
Which is exactly the case and Amber and Gary have already started filming the next season of the show.
"They're filming in Tennessee," Jordan says, but they are talking about moving to Florida, where Amber's uncle owns a business.
Amber has another reason to need more cash flow: lawyers fees. As you may have heard, the fiery teen is being investigated for domestic violence by police in Anderson, Ind. and the state Department of Child Services for incidents ON THE SHOW where she physically hit her then-boyfriend in front of their daughter, Leah.
When confronted about the situation by Dr. Drew Pinsky on the 'Teen Mom' reunion show last week, Amber broke down in tears and claimed to have "blacked out" during the incident, saying she only remembers striking Gary once.
Please make this stop. Please.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Best and Worst Movies From Cannes Film Festival 2015: The Sea of Trees, Carol, and More!
- Mama June Threatens to Sue TLC for Airing 19 Kids and Counting Amidst Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations
- Entourage's Leading Ladies Dish on Movie's Cameos by Billy Bob Thornton and Jessica Alba
- Mama June declares '19 Kids and Counting' should be canceled as TLC airs marathon
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding her son on Elle cover
- Does Discovery/TLC have a child molester problem?
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne Johnson's Commencement Speech in 1989 Is the Worst Graduation Speech Ever—Watch!
- Celebs Bring the Funny for Red Nose Day: Gwyneth Paltrow Hangs Out, Robert Pattinson Crashes a Car & More!
- Find Out What Julia Roberts, Hugh Grant, Daniel Craig and More Really Sound Like in This Hilarious Red Nose Day Exposé