'Teen Mom' Stars Earn $60,000 Per Season
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 28th 2010 05:30PM
The young parents of MTV's hit show 'Teen Mom' are making a pretty good living for being a bunch of teenagers. A series insider exclusively tells Life & Style magazine that the "stars earn $60,000 to $65,000 per season." That's more than many reality stars, but not as much as their fellow MTVers at the 'Jersey Shore' or 'The Hills,' whose stars used to make between $90-125,000 per episode.
"It's a monster hit," an insider tells me. "With ratings like that they deserve to be well compensated."
Indeed it's one of the biggest shows on the network and judging by amount of magazine covers they grace, the 'Teen' stars are arguably more bankable than those 'Jersey' boys and girls.
The $60k a year is enough money to provide on-again off-again couple Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley with comfortable lives, but neither one seems to be a good saver. "Gary says he's broke," Gary's best friend, Jordan Sanchez, tells Life & Style. "The money is the only reason he's willing to do the show. You can't walk away from money like that."
Which is exactly the case and Amber and Gary have already started filming the next season of the show.
"They're filming in Tennessee," Jordan says, but they are talking about moving to Florida, where Amber's uncle owns a business.
Amber has another reason to need more cash flow: lawyers fees. As you may have heard, the fiery teen is being investigated for domestic violence by police in Anderson, Ind. and the state Department of Child Services for incidents ON THE SHOW where she physically hit her then-boyfriend in front of their daughter, Leah.
When confronted about the situation by Dr. Drew Pinsky on the 'Teen Mom' reunion show last week, Amber broke down in tears and claimed to have "blacked out" during the incident, saying she only remembers striking Gary once.
Please make this stop. Please.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Human Ken Doll Justin Jedlica: "I Never Set Out to Look Like a Doll"
- Julia Roberts: I Can Still Recite My Lines From Pretty Woman, Notting Hill
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Usher Attend The 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration Of Usher’s New Look
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Keith Urban 'horrified' by alleged rape, multiple arrests at Massachusetts concert
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Wait, What?! Cobie Smulders Was Almost Kate on Lost! Plus, Hear How HIMYM Made Her "F—king Weep"
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now