'Teen Mom' Stars Earn $60,000 Per Season
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 28th 2010 05:30PM
The young parents of MTV's hit show 'Teen Mom' are making a pretty good living for being a bunch of teenagers. A series insider exclusively tells Life & Style magazine that the "stars earn $60,000 to $65,000 per season." That's more than many reality stars, but not as much as their fellow MTVers at the 'Jersey Shore' or 'The Hills,' whose stars used to make between $90-125,000 per episode.
"It's a monster hit," an insider tells me. "With ratings like that they deserve to be well compensated."
Indeed it's one of the biggest shows on the network and judging by amount of magazine covers they grace, the 'Teen' stars are arguably more bankable than those 'Jersey' boys and girls.
The $60k a year is enough money to provide on-again off-again couple Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley with comfortable lives, but neither one seems to be a good saver. "Gary says he's broke," Gary's best friend, Jordan Sanchez, tells Life & Style. "The money is the only reason he's willing to do the show. You can't walk away from money like that."
Which is exactly the case and Amber and Gary have already started filming the next season of the show.
"They're filming in Tennessee," Jordan says, but they are talking about moving to Florida, where Amber's uncle owns a business.
Amber has another reason to need more cash flow: lawyers fees. As you may have heard, the fiery teen is being investigated for domestic violence by police in Anderson, Ind. and the state Department of Child Services for incidents ON THE SHOW where she physically hit her then-boyfriend in front of their daughter, Leah.
When confronted about the situation by Dr. Drew Pinsky on the 'Teen Mom' reunion show last week, Amber broke down in tears and claimed to have "blacked out" during the incident, saying she only remembers striking Gary once.
Please make this stop. Please.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs