Mariah Carey Confirms She's Expecting First Child With Nick Cannon
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 28th 2010 08:42AM
After months of speculation and rumors, Mariah Carey has confirmed the worst kept secret in entertainment -- she's pregnant.
"Yes, we are pregnant. This is true," the singer revealed this morning on the 'Today' show as part of an 'Access Hollywood' exclusive. This will be the first child for Carey, 41, and her husband, Nick Cannon, 29.
"It's been a long journey. It's been tough because I've been trying to hold on to a shred of privacy," she added.
Recent reports suggest that Carey is pregnant with a boy, although those have yet to be confirmed.
The couple had previously been coy when asked if they were expecting, in part due to Carey's age.
"The reason that Mariah didn't want to say anything is because she is 41, and she's superstitious," a source told HollyBaby.
In June, Carey abruptly dropped out of Tyler Perry's new film, setting off speculation that the singer was expecting. Her rep quickly squashed the reports at the time. However, just yesterday, her replacement in 'For Colored Girls,' Thandie Newton, let the news slip on 'The View,' Gawker TV reports.
"I think she's pregnant," Newton said when asked why she was asked to replace Carey in the film.
Cannon has been the most vocal about the rumors, hinting repeatedly that the couple's first child is on the way. "I've said it before and I'll say it time and time again -- when my wife feels like talking about whatever she wants to talk about, you will hear it directly from her," Cannon said on his radio show in August. "There's a certain time limit that you're supposed to wait before you actually can officially say that you are."
The pair have not been shy when it comes to talking about babies. According to PEOPLE, Canon has been vocal about wanting to start a family. "We're going to do it," he said in March 2009.
MORE ABOUT Mariah Carey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mariah Carey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Vice apologizes for suicide-themed fashion spread, removes it from website
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- WATCH: 'Daily Show' Skewers Evangelical's Claim That Gays Bully Christians
- Bryan Cranston On The End Of 'Breaking Bad'
- Sebastien De La Cruz: Racism Helped Me Showcase My Mexican Culture
- ?Man of Steel': The deleted scene that explains the ending?
- Kanye West ?Yeezus' lyric or Lucille Bluth quote? Take our quiz!
- Russell Brand outsmarts and out-funnys MSNBC's ?Morning Joe' crew ? VIDEO
- Miss USA Erin Brady on Miss Utah's Flub
- Beauty by the Numbers: The Makeover Treatment
- Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici to Have 'Pre-Wedding Honeymoon'?