Spooky, Sexy, or Snooki: A Guide to Reality Star Halloween Costumes
By Sarah Crow Posted Oct 30th 2010 01:00PM
Ah, Halloween. The air is crisp, the candy's plentiful, and for one day of the year, kitten ears are considered an appropriate work accessory. Distinguishing yourself from the herds of witches, zombies, and sexy animals can prove difficult if you're not careful, but never fear. From teen moms to table flippers, reality TV has provided the world a plethora of easy and distinctive costumes that will keep you a head (or Snooki poof) above the rest.
Reality Role Model: Heidi Montag
Essential Accessories: Blond wig, water balloons, lots of tape
Difficulty Factor: 7.
Over-the-top is the name of the game for this costume, but don't be fooled into thinking this work of art/science is an easy look to pull off. Need we remind you that this woman had a procedure called a "back scoop"?
Reality Role Model: Snooki
Essential Accessories: Bump-It (duh), sunless tanner, pickles
Difficulty Factor: 2.
The feisty fist-bumper may seem like a challenging role to take on, but once you've mastered cartwheeling with a pickle in your mouth, you're 95% there.
Reality Role Model: Dog the Bounty Hunter
Essential Accessories: Leather vest, bouffant-mullet wig (can be adapted from Heidi Montag costume, in a pinch), buxom blond friend
Difficulty Factor: 5.
Most of Dog's accessories are easy enough to come by, but achieving his, er, "sun-kissed" skin tone may be difficult, considering how hard it is to find a human-sized rotisserie this late in the game.
Reality Role Model: '16 and Pregnant'
Essential Accessories: Baby bump, book bag, slogan t-shirt ("Baby on Board" is a classic, although the slightly distasteful "MILF" will do)
Difficulty Factor: 3.
Although looking 16 may not be an option for most people, a baby bump can be easily faked with a day's worth of candy consumption. Have a disinterested boyfriend? Give yourself an extra 10 points.
Group Costume Challenge: 'Real Housewives' Cast
Essential Accessories: Pinot grigio, white zinfandel, or any non tooth-staining wine, wig (Atlanta cast), weave (New Jersey cast), acrylic nails, cash fan
Difficulty Factor: 1.
As long as you've got 4 or 5 friends who are willing to do this with you and a closet full of shiny clothing, you're more or less set. If you can somehow stage a fight that involves 13 members of your immediate family and a bottle-size wine goblet, you probably already have a contract with Bravo.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Future Vents After Ciara Brings Baby Future to Russell Wilson's Training Camp
- Lenny Kravitz Accidentally Flashes Penis During Concert After Splitting His Leather Pants -- Yes, Like His Whole Penis
- Kelly Osbourne Sparks Outrage With Insensitive Comment About Latinos: "Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets, Donald Trump?"
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Tyra Banks: Stick a fork in 'America's Next Top Model,' it's done
- Zooey Deschanel announces marriage and birth of baby daughter
- Snooki Plumps Her Lips, Says Enhancing Her Pout Makes Her "Feel Better"—See the Pic!
- Jason Segel Ate ''2 Hot Pockets Every 3 Hours'' to Pack on 40 Pounds for New Movie: Watch Now
- Karlie Kloss Fronts Both Glamour & Flare's September Issues—Plus, See More September 2015 Covers!