Giuliana and Bill: 'We're Ready to Try for a Baby Again'
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 1st 2010 07:47AM
Since Giuliana and Bill Rancic shared their sad story about losing their baby, they have received thousands of e-mails from people sharing similar stories and support and even dozens of serious requests from potential surrogates. But after taking time away to, as Giuliana puts it, "kiss, hug, hold hands and tell each other how much we loved each other," the couple is ready to try once more.
"We're ready to try again and we feel more optimistic than ever that we will have good news in the New Year. 2011 is our year," Bill tells me.
"From this experience we've learned everything really does happen for a reason and God works in mysterious ways. When we do get pregnant again, that will be the baby we were supposed to have and we will never take parenthood for granted," says Giuliana.
However, this decision did not come easy. "We took a much needed break from all the fertility stuff to connect with each other again. We had been trying for so long to have a child that the whole process had consumed us. A break was crucial to make sure our marriage stayed strong and as fun as it always was," Bill reveals to me.
Giuliana agrees that taking a break from "worrying about shots, doctor's visits, ultrasounds and blood tests was just what the doctor ordered."
The couple went to a relaxing resort in the desert where they could just be themselves again and reconnect.
"Since the loss, we love one another even more than before and our marriage is the best it's ever been," Bill tells me. They went to bed late, slept in all morning and got back to the way they were as a couple before they started trying to conceive. And now that they are ... we wish them the best of luck.
A new episode of 'Giuliana & Bill' airs tonight on the Style network at 11PM/10C. And for more on their journey, as well as their tips for having a fun, healthy relationship, be sure to pick up their brand new book, 'I Do, Now What: Secrets, Stories, and Advice from a Madly In Love Couple' at Amazon.
► Related: Giuliana Rancic on Bill, Donald and Ryan('s) Secrets
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cosby Show Producer: Bill Cosby Rape Allegations "Kind of Tarnished" the Show's Legacy
- Clay Aiken on Donald Trump's Run for Presidency: "I Don't Think Anybody Should Discount Him"
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," Wows Audience
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Amy Schumer Determined to Reduce Gun Violence, Says She Thinks of Lafayette Shooting Victims "Everyday"
- Marcus Grodd and Lacy Faddoul Got Married on Bachelor in Paradise & It Was Beautiful
- Caitlyn Jenner Struggles With Wearing a Bathing Suit in Emotional I Am Cait Clip: Watch Now!