Giuliana and Bill: 'We're Ready to Try for a Baby Again'
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 1st 2010 07:47AM
Since Giuliana and Bill Rancic shared their sad story about losing their baby, they have received thousands of e-mails from people sharing similar stories and support and even dozens of serious requests from potential surrogates. But after taking time away to, as Giuliana puts it, "kiss, hug, hold hands and tell each other how much we loved each other," the couple is ready to try once more.
"We're ready to try again and we feel more optimistic than ever that we will have good news in the New Year. 2011 is our year," Bill tells me.
"From this experience we've learned everything really does happen for a reason and God works in mysterious ways. When we do get pregnant again, that will be the baby we were supposed to have and we will never take parenthood for granted," says Giuliana.
However, this decision did not come easy. "We took a much needed break from all the fertility stuff to connect with each other again. We had been trying for so long to have a child that the whole process had consumed us. A break was crucial to make sure our marriage stayed strong and as fun as it always was," Bill reveals to me.
Giuliana agrees that taking a break from "worrying about shots, doctor's visits, ultrasounds and blood tests was just what the doctor ordered."
The couple went to a relaxing resort in the desert where they could just be themselves again and reconnect.
"Since the loss, we love one another even more than before and our marriage is the best it's ever been," Bill tells me. They went to bed late, slept in all morning and got back to the way they were as a couple before they started trying to conceive. And now that they are ... we wish them the best of luck.
A new episode of 'Giuliana & Bill' airs tonight on the Style network at 11PM/10C. And for more on their journey, as well as their tips for having a fun, healthy relationship, be sure to pick up their brand new book, 'I Do, Now What: Secrets, Stories, and Advice from a Madly In Love Couple' at Amazon.
► Related: Giuliana Rancic on Bill, Donald and Ryan('s) Secrets
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Recap, Season 19, Week 6: Pitbull Guest Judges, Janel and Val Tease "Feelings"
- Oscar de la Renta, Fashion Icon, Dead at 82
- Kerry Washington Admits Scandal Sex Scenes With Tony Goldwyn Are "Always Awkward"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82, report says
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Taylor Swift Releases Latest Single "Welcome to New York"—and Fans Are Already Obsessed With It!
- Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82; Fashion Designer Dressed Countless Celebrities, First Ladies and Other Style Icons
- Zac Efron Celebrates 27th Birthday With Rumored Girlfriend Sami Miró in Amsterdam—All the Details!