Justin Long Praises Critic Who Slammed Him
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 1st 2010 06:00PM
The 'Going the Distance' star took Movieline critic Michelle Orange's cutting review of the film - and Long personally - in stride, reciting her tirade on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' and penning a witty, good-natured response to her criticisms. Long, who is described in Orange's review as "a milky, affectless mook with half-formed features and a first day of kindergarten haircut," told Fallon that the writer's insults were "so bad that it set the bar, I think, for insults for me."
As reported by NY Mag, Long's response made it clear that he had no hard feelings toward Orange, whose writing he called "thoughtful and insightful."
Orange also added that the actor was "[punching] several classes above his weight" looks-wise with girlfriend Drew Barrymore, but he was fine and responded sweetly by writing, "I absolutely agree with you too, I'd be hard-pressed to hold a candle to even a fraction of Drew's beauty - in my humble opinion, she's the most beautiful girl in the world."
Long, who insisted that his enjoyment of Orange's piece was in no way sarcastic, showed off his leading man charm and extended the olive branch to the writer, saying, "Keep up the good work and I'll try to pick better projects (though I did love filming that one) but short of some reconstructive surgery, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about my mug (blame god and/or my parents on that one). Take care and hopefully one day our paths will cross so I can compliment you in person ."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- 'The Rewrite' Trailer: Hugh Grant Is a Womanizing Screenwriter
- Brett Ratner Sued Over 'Hercules' Party Injury
- Syfy Cancels Wil Wheaton Talk Show
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?
- Labor Day Binge Guide: Catch Up on These Returning Shows Right Now