Stewart Rally's First Casualty: Keith Olbermann's 'Worst Persons in the World'
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 2nd 2010 07:48AM
"There is an institutionalization of it that may no longer be valid," Olbermann said on 'Countdown.' "That is the 'Worst Persons in the World' segment, which started as a way, of all things, of defending Tucker Carlson. Its satire and whimsy have gradually gotten lost in some anger, so in the spirit of the thing, as of right now, I am unilaterally suspending that segment with an eye towards discontinuing it."
Olbermann left the door open to let "Worst" back in, but at this point he's effectively done with his nightly excuse to tease "Bill-O," "El Rushbo" and the like.
"We don't know how that works long-term. We might bring it back. We might bring back something similar to it. We might kill it outright."
The move comes as a bit of a surprise, seeing that during Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity" event on Saturday, Olbermann slammed the 'Daily Show' host for saying that voices on the left and the right on cable news were equally guilty of spreading a negative and toxic tone in political discourse.
"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing," Stewart said. "The press is our immune system. If it overreacts to everything, we eventually get sicker."
After Stewart's cable-slamming, Olbermann told his Twitter followers, "It wasn't a big shark but Jon Stewart jumped one just now with the 'everybody on [the] cable is the same' naivete."
► RELATED: Keith Olbermann Scrubs Bush From Nightly Sign-Off
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jessica Simpson Gets Sexy Short Haircut, Shows Off Lighter Locks: Instagram Picture
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Rihanna Looks Sexy in Black, Shows Off Fantastic Figure While Promoting New Fragrance
- Todd Chrisley Sets the Record Straight on His Relationship With His Bipolar Son, Kyle: "I Want What's Best for Him"
- Wow! Jessica Simpson Keeps it Short as She Debuts Brand New Haircut—Take a Look!