Katy Perry: Russell Brand Is a 'Great Man of God'
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 3rd 2010 11:55AM
Katy Perry gushes about new husband Russell Brand in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar.
"I always knew I wanted a great man of God, someone who was going to be an inspiration for people and also be a lovely husband and father," she tells the magazine. (The pair held their intimate wedding at a resort in India in October.)
Although Perry is 26 and Brand is 35, she says their age difference doesn't matter. "We're at different places in our lives, but we can still grow together. He's thought-provoking, articulate, a real advocate. I also definitely wanted to have a laugh. I have all that in him."
The 'California Gurls' singer also discusses her place in the pop music landscape.
"We're all unique. That's why we all win and we all can exist. People don't want just vanilla. They want 31 flavors. I couldn't do what Rihanna does. I couldn't do what Gaga does. They can't do what I do."
Of her image, she adds, "I'm kind of a good girl -- and I'm not. I'm a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity and respect. I'm a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That's what the stories in my music do."
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Big Bang Theory' stars and execs fund scholarship for UCLA students
- Giuliana Rancic shows off bikini body after being criticized for thin frame
- Natalie Imbruglia did 'crazy stuff' after her divorce
- Extra Scoop: Tracy Morgan Steps Out for the First Time Since Deadly Car Crash
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Stars Break Down What's in Store for Season 3!
- Bombshell Accusations Revealed in Court Docs! Bobby Flay's Wife Says He Cheated with January Jones
- Aquarius Premiere Recap: Everything You Need to Know About David Duchovny's Charles Manson Police Drama
- Dateline Correspondent Andrea Canning Welcomes Fifth Daughter ? See Her Photo!
- Chris Harrison Breaks Silence on The Bachelor's Whitney Bischoff, Chris Soules Split: "It's Sad"