Katy Perry: Russell Brand Is a 'Great Man of God'
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 3rd 2010 11:55AM
Katy Perry gushes about new husband Russell Brand in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar.
"I always knew I wanted a great man of God, someone who was going to be an inspiration for people and also be a lovely husband and father," she tells the magazine. (The pair held their intimate wedding at a resort in India in October.)
Although Perry is 26 and Brand is 35, she says their age difference doesn't matter. "We're at different places in our lives, but we can still grow together. He's thought-provoking, articulate, a real advocate. I also definitely wanted to have a laugh. I have all that in him."
The 'California Gurls' singer also discusses her place in the pop music landscape.
"We're all unique. That's why we all win and we all can exist. People don't want just vanilla. They want 31 flavors. I couldn't do what Rihanna does. I couldn't do what Gaga does. They can't do what I do."
Of her image, she adds, "I'm kind of a good girl -- and I'm not. I'm a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity and respect. I'm a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That's what the stories in my music do."
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Hayden Christensen and Kate Bosworth Explore the Afterlife in '90 Minutes in Heaven'
- TV Guide! Hot New Shows for Fall 2015
- Sarah Palin Sounds-Off on the Kardashians and Duggars