Katy Perry: Russell Brand Is a 'Great Man of God'
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 3rd 2010 11:55AM
Katy Perry gushes about new husband Russell Brand in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar.
"I always knew I wanted a great man of God, someone who was going to be an inspiration for people and also be a lovely husband and father," she tells the magazine. (The pair held their intimate wedding at a resort in India in October.)
Although Perry is 26 and Brand is 35, she says their age difference doesn't matter. "We're at different places in our lives, but we can still grow together. He's thought-provoking, articulate, a real advocate. I also definitely wanted to have a laugh. I have all that in him."
The 'California Gurls' singer also discusses her place in the pop music landscape.
"We're all unique. That's why we all win and we all can exist. People don't want just vanilla. They want 31 flavors. I couldn't do what Rihanna does. I couldn't do what Gaga does. They can't do what I do."
Of her image, she adds, "I'm kind of a good girl -- and I'm not. I'm a good girl because I really believe in love, integrity and respect. I'm a bad girl because I like to tease. I know that I have sex appeal in my deck of cards. But I like to get people thinking. That's what the stories in my music do."
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paramount won't let theaters screen 'Team America: World Police"
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- ?Serial' finale: Sarah Koenig rests her case
- ?Cabaret' to go on tour beginning January 2016
- ?Arrow', ?Walking Dead', and more earn TV mid-season finale awards
- Baby News! Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Are Going to Be Parents
- ?The Biggest Loser' Trainers Offer Diet and Workout Tips for Surviving the Holidays
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Hot Trends from Kut from the Kloth!