Recent Events Left Marie Osmond 'No Choice' But to Open Up About Her Son's Suicide
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 3rd 2010 07:52AM
Later this month, iconic entertainer Marie Osmond will sit down for her first and only interview about her teenage son's suicide. Naturally, it will be with Oprah Winfrey.
"Marie never imagined she would have the strength to talk about this devastating subject, but with so many gay teens committing suicide recently she had no choice," a friend of the singer tells me. "Against the advice of her family and friends Marie herself decided it was time to speak out and called Oprah to ask if she would be interested."
Marie's 18-year-old son Michael Blosil leapt to his death in February after sending a text message to a female friend alerting her to a suicide note he had left in his downtown Los Angeles apartment.
When the friend arrived at his eighth-floor apartment, Michael's roommates -- who had no idea anything was wrong -- let her in and discovered the note from the Fashion Institute of Design student.
"This will be the hardest interview Marie has ever done," a friend tells me. "You can expect a lot of tears and rare pain that only a parent who had lost a child could ever understand. She knows Oprah will ask the hard questions like 'Do you blame yourself?' and 'Do you think you could have done anything differently?' But Marie isn't afraid. She has been asking herself those questions every day since her son took his life."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Tori admits hasn't had sex with Dean since scandal broke
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- So Cute! Stars Share Adorable Easter Pics
- 'Game of Thrones': Burning Questions in the Aftermath of the Purple Wedding