Jessica Alba in Elle: 'Good Actors Never Use the Script'
By Sarah Crow Posted Nov 4th 2010 05:30PM
Jessica Alba has filmed an impressive 25 movies over the course of her two decades in Hollywood, but the actress's most important role these days is playing mother to her daughter, Honor. The 'Machete' star, who appears on the cover of December's Elle Magazine, opens up in the issue about how her lack of confidence used to hold her back and how she views her previous roles. "I know I haven't been swimming in the deep end with some of the movies I've done. I wasn't trying to. I knew what they were," she says.
On acting: "Good actors, never use the script unless it's amazing writing. All the good actors I've worked with, they all say whatever they want to say."
On gaining confidence in her craft: "I'd been so afraid of criticism ever since I was young. Every time I'd get a critique or some redirection, I'd always just take it very personally, but now I have no problem with it. It's just a chance to try things a different way. To play more with a character. It also gives me a chance to have some input, to use my voice."
On taking a break from Hollywood after she unexpectedly got pregnant: "I had been working straight since the age of 12. And it was just so clear that there was something more important out there."
On being selective with her roles: "The time I'm not spending with my kid has to be worth it, so when I sat down with my agents after I was ready to go back to work, I told them: It's all about the directors."
On her feelings towards being a leading lady: "Now I prefer I'm not the lead. It's a totally different approach-way better."
Jessica Alba Snapshots
Jessica Alba has a great time with her assistant and little Honor where they pick up some CDs from Best Buy and get a coffee. They swing Honor around and she is laughing hysterically. October 5, 2010. X17online.com exclusive
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tori Spelling suing Benihana over burns from falling on grill
- Cindy Crawford doesn't understand why unflattering photo makes other feel good
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Watch TruTV's 'Billy on the Street' New Season Promo Featuring Chris Pratt, Tina Fey, Julianne Moore
- Outgoing 'Rookie Blue' Boss on Potential Series Finale: I "Tied It All Up"
- Commemorate Nicki Minaj's Viral VMAs Moment With Kitschy Memorabilia
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Benicio Del Toro Confirms 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Villain Role
- Dean Jones, Star of '60s Disney Classics, Dies at 84
- Rosario Dawson, Theo Rossi Join Marvel's 'Luke Cage'