Hey Warner Brothers, Get on the Ball With Ian McKellen's 'Hobbit' Contract
By Jo Piazza Posted Nov 5th 2010 11:00AM
We caught up with our favorite wizard at the Savannah Film Festival and he said he just wants Warner Bros. to give him a call.
McKellen is currently enjoying the six months of the year when he doesn't work -- we love his life! -- but he said that when he returns to the trade, he hopes it will be as Gandalf.
"I expect my next job, if all goes well, I will play Gandalf in 'The Hobbit,'" McKellen told us.
"I'm still waiting for a contract." Watch Our Interview!
When we told McKellen that we would love to see him in the role, he told us to "pass that onto Warner Bros." So as a service to Sir Ian, that is exactly what we are doing. Get on the ball WB!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- New York TV Festival Unveils Winners of 20 Development Deals
- Jill Soloway: How a Detour Into Indie Filmmaking Led to Amazon's 'Transparent'
- Keanu Reeves: I Wanted to Play Batman and Wolverine But Was Passed Over
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming