Michael Lohan to Demi Lovato's Dad: Shut Up About Your Daughter
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 8th 2010 05:00PM
Despite receiving death threats, Demi Lovato's estranged father Patrick Lovato refuses to back down from his controversial comments -- blaming the temptations of Hollywood for his Disney star daughter's stint in rehab.
"This is the United States of America, I can talk anytime I want to," Patrick told RadarOnline when asked if Disney's lawyers and Demi's mother, Dianna, had demanded that he stop talking about his daughter's problems.
Patrick's relationship with Demi has been strained since he and Dianna divorced in 1994 and has only gotten worse. Now, Michael Lohan, who has a long track record of talking to the media about his own daughter, is offering advice from one dad to another.
"There are two reasons why I have no respect for people who talk or comment about others," Michael tells me. "First, it's because, in most cases, those individuals are looking from the outside in, and they are passing judgment or commenting on people they know nothing about. The second reason is because they are too cowardly to say it to the person themselves."
And Mr. Lovato better think twice before comparing Demi and Lindsay, Lohan warns.
"I ask Demi Lavato's father to refrain from making asinine statements about my daughter, or say it to my face himself," Lohan says. "And if so, I will pay for the transportation and his hospital bills."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Demi Lovato
MORE ABOUT Michael Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Michael Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Which celebrity is the worst role model for kids?
- Celebrity scale: Better skinny or curvy?
- Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- What It's Like Winning 'The Voice'
- Amanda Bynes Was 'Like My Little Sister'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man' Star Cut From Sequel
- George Lucas has not spoken to J.J. Abrams about the next ?Star Wars'
- ?Franklin & Bash' star Breckin Meyer takes the EW Pop Culture Personality Test ? VIDEO
- Katy Perry says Russell Brand asked for a divorce via text message
- Kim Kardashian Moving Out of Beverly Hills? to Live with Mom!
- Guess the Big Baby Bump!
- ?Anchorman 2' Trailer: Ron Burgundy and News Team Assembled