Michael Lohan to Demi Lovato's Dad: Shut Up About Your Daughter
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 8th 2010 05:00PM
Despite receiving death threats, Demi Lovato's estranged father Patrick Lovato refuses to back down from his controversial comments -- blaming the temptations of Hollywood for his Disney star daughter's stint in rehab.
"This is the United States of America, I can talk anytime I want to," Patrick told RadarOnline when asked if Disney's lawyers and Demi's mother, Dianna, had demanded that he stop talking about his daughter's problems.
Patrick's relationship with Demi has been strained since he and Dianna divorced in 1994 and has only gotten worse. Now, Michael Lohan, who has a long track record of talking to the media about his own daughter, is offering advice from one dad to another.
"There are two reasons why I have no respect for people who talk or comment about others," Michael tells me. "First, it's because, in most cases, those individuals are looking from the outside in, and they are passing judgment or commenting on people they know nothing about. The second reason is because they are too cowardly to say it to the person themselves."
And Mr. Lovato better think twice before comparing Demi and Lindsay, Lohan warns.
"I ask Demi Lavato's father to refrain from making asinine statements about my daughter, or say it to my face himself," Lohan says. "And if so, I will pay for the transportation and his hospital bills."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Demi Lovato -
MORE ABOUT Michael Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Michael Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Exclusive: Olivia Munn appeals to USDA to help circus elephant
- Bob Seger, 69, launches tour and new album, 'Ride Out'
- Topless pics of Brooke Burke hit New York City gallery
- Renee Zellweger, Reese Witherspoon Walk to Defeat ALS
- ?The Walking Dead' haunted house scared the bejeezus out of me
- Every ?Simpsons' ?Treehouse of Horror' short, ranked
ExtraFEEDMore From Extra Li
- Sinead O'Connor Slams AMAs in Blog Rant, Claims Pope Francis Was Scheduled to Appear
- Kate Middleton, Prince William's Second Baby Due in April, Kate Middleton Ready for First Pregnant Engagement
- Brad Pitt Talks Meeting the Queen, Dame Angelina's Not the Boss at Home!