'Emotional Reunion' for Lindsay Lohan and Father Michael
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 8th 2010 06:19AM
Linday Lohan reunited with her estranged father Michael at the Betty Ford rehabilitation center in California yesterday, RadarOnline.com reports. It was the pair's first meeting in seven months.
"It was an emotional reunion," a source tells Radar. "There were hugs, kisses and even a few tears when Michael and Lindsay first saw each other. They spent hours together; it was not a fleeting encounter, this appeared well-planned in advance."
The reunion was a shocker, considering LiLo's recent comments to Vanity Fair -- "I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life," she said over the summer.
The reunion took place around 1PM Sunday at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California, Radar writes. The site's source says Michael's visit came at Lindsay's invitation.
"Michael turned up at Betty Ford with some gifts and items for Lindsay," one insider says.
Asked for comment, Michael Lohan told Radar: "I have pledged not to comment about anything relating to my daughter. However, what I will say is that I am an incredibly proud father tonight. My daughter is progressing extraordinarily well."
The elder Lohan recently sent out what he dubbed his "final statement" to the media.
In April, Lindsay called her father a "pathological liar" on Twitter, writing, "When will it ever end ... it's been going on my whole life with him -- hasn't he caused enough pain?"
Visiting 'The Today Show' on Monday, Dina Lohan told Matt Lauer that Lindsay could "absolutely" benefit from a healthier relationship with Michael.
Lindsay Lohan exits a probation violation hearing at Beverly Hills Courthouse after learning that she must return to rehab for the rest of the year. More Pics >>
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ex-NBC employee says he helped Bill Cosby pay off women
- Exclusive: Sixx:A.M. 'Stars' video debuts; Nikki Sixx ready to tour post-Motley Crue
- Katy Perry tapped to perform Super Bowl halftime show
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Ladies on Their "Boring" New Co-Star (Exclusive Video)
- 'Today' Firing: Jamie Horowitz Wanted Savannah Guthrie Out, Natalie Morales Demoted
- TV Comedy's Sad Decline: 'A State of Emergency'
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Soars to the Top Spot
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever