'Emotional Reunion' for Lindsay Lohan and Father Michael
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 8th 2010 06:19AM
Linday Lohan reunited with her estranged father Michael at the Betty Ford rehabilitation center in California yesterday, RadarOnline.com reports. It was the pair's first meeting in seven months.
"It was an emotional reunion," a source tells Radar. "There were hugs, kisses and even a few tears when Michael and Lindsay first saw each other. They spent hours together; it was not a fleeting encounter, this appeared well-planned in advance."
The reunion was a shocker, considering LiLo's recent comments to Vanity Fair -- "I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life," she said over the summer.
The reunion took place around 1PM Sunday at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California, Radar writes. The site's source says Michael's visit came at Lindsay's invitation.
"Michael turned up at Betty Ford with some gifts and items for Lindsay," one insider says.
Asked for comment, Michael Lohan told Radar: "I have pledged not to comment about anything relating to my daughter. However, what I will say is that I am an incredibly proud father tonight. My daughter is progressing extraordinarily well."
The elder Lohan recently sent out what he dubbed his "final statement" to the media.
In April, Lindsay called her father a "pathological liar" on Twitter, writing, "When will it ever end ... it's been going on my whole life with him -- hasn't he caused enough pain?"
Visiting 'The Today Show' on Monday, Dina Lohan told Matt Lauer that Lindsay could "absolutely" benefit from a healthier relationship with Michael.
Lindsay Lohan exits a probation violation hearing at Beverly Hills Courthouse after learning that she must return to rehab for the rest of the year. More Pics >>
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Report: NBC News renews Savannah Guthrie's ?Today' contract
- Bob Bardo, Longtime Executive for Dick Clark Productions, Dies at 71
- Ethan Hawke, Sean Penn, Clint Eastwood Set for LMU Filmmaker Interview Series
- Paramount Shifts 'Mission: Impossible 5' Release Date to Summer 2015
- ?Water for Elephants' will be adapted into a musical
- Al Pacino names an 8th-grade teacher, Marlon Brando among his acting influences
- Julia Roberts Will Produce and Star in 'Batkid' Movie
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' Release Date Bumped up to Summer 2015
- Fox May Make an 'X-Men' TV Series -- But Needs Marvel's Blessing