'Emotional Reunion' for Lindsay Lohan and Father Michael
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 8th 2010 06:19AM
Linday Lohan reunited with her estranged father Michael at the Betty Ford rehabilitation center in California yesterday, RadarOnline.com reports. It was the pair's first meeting in seven months.
"It was an emotional reunion," a source tells Radar. "There were hugs, kisses and even a few tears when Michael and Lindsay first saw each other. They spent hours together; it was not a fleeting encounter, this appeared well-planned in advance."
The reunion was a shocker, considering LiLo's recent comments to Vanity Fair -- "I think my biggest focus for myself is learning how to continue to get through the trauma that my father has caused in my life," she said over the summer.
The reunion took place around 1PM Sunday at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California, Radar writes. The site's source says Michael's visit came at Lindsay's invitation.
"Michael turned up at Betty Ford with some gifts and items for Lindsay," one insider says.
Asked for comment, Michael Lohan told Radar: "I have pledged not to comment about anything relating to my daughter. However, what I will say is that I am an incredibly proud father tonight. My daughter is progressing extraordinarily well."
The elder Lohan recently sent out what he dubbed his "final statement" to the media.
In April, Lindsay called her father a "pathological liar" on Twitter, writing, "When will it ever end ... it's been going on my whole life with him -- hasn't he caused enough pain?"
Visiting 'The Today Show' on Monday, Dina Lohan told Matt Lauer that Lindsay could "absolutely" benefit from a healthier relationship with Michael.
Lindsay Lohan exits a probation violation hearing at Beverly Hills Courthouse after learning that she must return to rehab for the rest of the year. More Pics >>
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'The Best Man Wedding' Coming in 2016
- Jeffrey Katzenberg to Receive National Arts Medal
- Steve Carell to Star in Disney's 'Brooklyn Family Robinson' (Exclusive)
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'
- Listen: Kate Hudson shares her favorite ?Overboard' lines and so much more
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits