Russell Simmons Loves (Wheatgrass) Shots and Beautiful Women
By Amber James Posted Nov 8th 2010 03:00PM
As his assistant guides me to the "oval office," Simmons is hard at work -- or at least playing it up. "Send flowers to Kim Kardashian and Diddy," Simmons commands into the phone. The gesture is to thank the stars for tweeting about his new reality show on Oxygen, 'Running Russell Simmons.'
"Hold up. Should I send Kim flowers? I just sent her a s**tload for her birthday. She is going to think I have a crush on her," he laments to everyone within earshot. After short consideration, he decides to send a bouquet to the buxom reality star anyway.
His assistants scurry around the office, each on a mission: setting up interviews, picking up samples, planning his charity events. The list is endless for the mogul, who is chairman and CEO of Rush Communications and the co-founder (with Rick Rubin) of the pioneering hip-hop label Def Jam. Yet, despite everything happening around him, Simmons maintains a zen-like quality that manages to keep his inner office surprisingly tranquil ... at least for a few seconds.
"I need a shot," Simmons says, directing me -- a journalist set to interview him -- to his fridge, which he has stocked with wheat grass shots and Organic Avenue juice. Did he mistake me for a new intern? He downs the healthy shot and tells me he needs a ginger shot as well. Of course, I pick the wrong one (Doh!), and he lets me know. He still offers a very sincere "Thank you," as he clutches his yogi beads.
Finally, he is ready to begin the interview.
Watch PopEater's exclusive chat with Russell Simmons as he opens up about dating, religion and his personal struggles. >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Growing Baby Bump and Legs in Another Tight LBD -- See Her Chic Maternity Wear!
- Rachel Bilson Is Taking Full Maternity Leave, Jaime King Dishes on Hart of Dixie Costar's Baby Shower
- Minnie Driver: Parents Who Put Kids in Showbiz Are "Desperate and Conflicted"
- Animal Abuse? After Eviction, Jon Gosselin Abandons Tiny Kitten In Rental Home!
- Judge Denies Teresa Giudice's Halfway House Plea, Bureau Of Prisons To Determine Final Placement
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Harry Styles Fan Fiction Author Calls After "the Vanilla Version of Fifty Shades of Grey"
- Required Reading: Our Favorite Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Books Out Right Now
- Goodfellas Actor Frank Sivero Sues Fox for $250 Million Over Simpsons Character He Says Is Based on Him