Keith Olbermann: Where's the 'Welcome Back' Party?
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 9th 2010 08:00AM
Keith Olbermann, who returns to MSNBC Tuesday after being suspended for two working days for breaking company rules by donating money to political candidates, is shocked no one is planning a surprise party to welcome him back.
"Keith deliberately kept his Tuesday evening open after he finished his live show, fully expecting staffers would ask him out for dinner or drinks. But so far no one has planned anything," one MSNBC insider tells me. "His dear friend Rachel Maddow is busy taping her show until 10PM and plans to go straight home afterwords; Lawrence O'Donnell doesn't finish work until 11PM, so there's no chance of him wanting to go out after that."
Keith returns to the anchor desk Tuesday at 8PM, and several insiders tell me that despite network warnings, he plans to address the situation live on his show. I'm told Keith is happy to use the opportunity to highlight the difference between FOX News and MSNBC, although he's not happy that even his own staffers aren't planning anything special for his return.
"The network wants to put this incident behind them as fast as possible and has made it clear that Tuesday is just another day in the office and should be treated as such," an insider tells me. "And even though Keith won this battle, everyone else who works at MSNBC knows that if they anger the executives they won't get the special treatment Keith got."
Earlier: Suspended Olbermann Demands MSNBC Apology
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Jimmy Kimmel, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Taylor Swift Screams, Pulls Her Hair on Hollywood Reporter Cover, Says Spotify Decision Caused Other Artists to Thank Her
- Does Hollywood try to have it both ways regarding torture?
- Expert: '90 percent' sure North Korea behind cyberattack on Sony
- Terrible celebrity hair
- Why Eddie Redmayne Had to "Take Some Time Off" After Playing Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur: Who Won Season 29? Plus, Find Out What's In Store for Season 30!
- About American Horror Story's Devastating and Shocking Pepper Episode...