84-Year-Old Gene Shalit Leaving 'Today' Show
Gene Shalit has panned or praised his last movie for the 'Today' show.
The critic, known for his bushy hair and mustache, said Tuesday that he's leaving the show, where he's reviewed movies for 40 years. The last time his 'Critic's Corner' appeared on the morning show was in May, when he reviewed 'Shrek Forever After.'
The 'Today' show said it would air a salute to the 84-year-old Shalit on Thursday. Executive producer Jim Bell says 40 years on the same show is "a feat unlikely to ever be matched."
In a news release, Shalit says he wasn't retiring, and that he'll do work on the Internet and in commercials.
See PopEater's behind the scenes tour of the 'Today' Show:
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Debbie Matenopoulos Gives Birth, Welcomes First Child
- Kittens Reenact Gone Girl in Adorable Video: Watch Now!
- Allison Williams Gets Advice From Past Peter Pans Sandy Duncan and Cathy Rigby McCoy
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes Out In Essay, Says Being Gay Is ?Among The Greatest Gifts God Has Given Me'
- A New Bruce! Kris Jenner ?Upset' Over Ex-Husband's TRANSformation ? ?It's Embarrassing For Her’
- Teen Angst? Kylie Jenner Emerges For Dad's Birthday Amid Lip Scandal
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' sneak peek: Is there a mole in the squad?
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case