84-Year-Old Gene Shalit Leaving 'Today' Show
Gene Shalit has panned or praised his last movie for the 'Today' show.
The critic, known for his bushy hair and mustache, said Tuesday that he's leaving the show, where he's reviewed movies for 40 years. The last time his 'Critic's Corner' appeared on the morning show was in May, when he reviewed 'Shrek Forever After.'
The 'Today' show said it would air a salute to the 84-year-old Shalit on Thursday. Executive producer Jim Bell says 40 years on the same show is "a feat unlikely to ever be matched."
In a news release, Shalit says he wasn't retiring, and that he'll do work on the Internet and in commercials.
See PopEater's behind the scenes tour of the 'Today' Show:
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Visit South Africa House to Pay Respects After Nelson Mandela's Death: Pictures
- Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having a Second Baby Girl at 2013 Beauty Inc Awards In NYC
- Beyonce Reveals Super Fit Body in Texas Longhorns Jersey, Bikini Bottom: See the Picture
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- Experts: Kim Kardashian airbrushed to look thinner on US Weekly cover
- 'Today' show sign-language joke offends deaf community