84-Year-Old Gene Shalit Leaving 'Today' Show
Gene Shalit has panned or praised his last movie for the 'Today' show.
The critic, known for his bushy hair and mustache, said Tuesday that he's leaving the show, where he's reviewed movies for 40 years. The last time his 'Critic's Corner' appeared on the morning show was in May, when he reviewed 'Shrek Forever After.'
The 'Today' show said it would air a salute to the 84-year-old Shalit on Thursday. Executive producer Jim Bell says 40 years on the same show is "a feat unlikely to ever be matched."
In a news release, Shalit says he wasn't retiring, and that he'll do work on the Internet and in commercials.
See PopEater's behind the scenes tour of the 'Today' Show:
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miranda Lambert Serenades Brooke Hester, 7-Year-Old With Cancer: Watch
- Kim Kardashian Beats the Heat in White Knotted Tank Top, Tight Maxi Skirt: Picture
- Camden Lachey Turns 2! Vanessa, Nick Lachey Celebrate Adorable Son With Construction-Themed Party
- Fess Up! Joan Rivers' Shady Doc Caught On Camera Refusing To Admit To Taking Sick Selfie While Comic Was Under Anesthesia ? WATCH The Bombshell Video
- Calling In Sick! Pregnant And Skinny Kate Middleton Cancels Her First Solo Royal Tour Due To Debilitating Morning Sickness
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards