84-Year-Old Gene Shalit Leaving 'Today' Show
Gene Shalit has panned or praised his last movie for the 'Today' show.
The critic, known for his bushy hair and mustache, said Tuesday that he's leaving the show, where he's reviewed movies for 40 years. The last time his 'Critic's Corner' appeared on the morning show was in May, when he reviewed 'Shrek Forever After.'
The 'Today' show said it would air a salute to the 84-year-old Shalit on Thursday. Executive producer Jim Bell says 40 years on the same show is "a feat unlikely to ever be matched."
In a news release, Shalit says he wasn't retiring, and that he'll do work on the Internet and in commercials.
See PopEater's behind the scenes tour of the 'Today' Show:
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cindy Crawford Serves Some Fashion Week Realness With This #TBT Runway Photo
- Justin Bieber Flaunts Crazy New Muscles on Men's Health Cover, Denies It's Photoshopped
- Hayden Panettiere, Daughter Kaya Wear Cozy Socks Together: Cute Photo
- Indie rock band Ex Cops calls out McDonalds for not paying bands at SXSW showcase
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant botches 'Snow White' character's name
- Meet the Hottest Royals Around the World—See Their Pics!
- Jeremy Sisto Was ''Heartbroken'' After He Lost Titanic Role to Leonardo DiCaprio: Watch Now!
- Iggy Azalea, Jennifer Hudson & 5 Seconds of Summer Will Join Host Nick Jonas to Perform at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards!