Keith Richards Attacks Journalist During Interview
By Sarah Crow Posted Nov 10th 2010 12:45PM
During a recent interview with Swedish publication Aftonbladets, Richards allegedly hit reporter Markus Larsson in the head while promoting his new book 'Life' at a Paris hotel.
According to Spinner, the spat between Larsson and Richards escalated quickly, with Richards attacking Larsson only 10 minutes into their interview together. Recalling the incident, Larsson said, "He stood up and asked if we would put out the lights and settle the disagreement straight away. At first I was just surprised, I thought he was pulling my leg, but then I realized he was serious and then I felt uncomfortable and I just wanted to get out of there pretty fast."
Richards, apparently unsatisfied with simply injuring the journalist, told Larsson, "You're lucky to get out of here alive."
The feud between Richards and Larsson goes back to 2007, when the writer called the Rolling Stones "amateurs," giving their show in Gothenburg, Sweden, a mere 2 out of 5 rating.
Richards demanded a public apology from Larsson after the 2007 review, but the writer chose to stand by his opinion.
Following the incident, CBS published Larsson's statement, which read, "I am not going to apologize for my subjective opinion ... It is Keith who should apologize. After all it costs around $145 to see a rock star who can hardly handle the (guitar) riff to 'Brown Sugar' any more."
The Stones are rumored to be going back on tour as soon as 2011, following a 4-year hiatus from the road.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Selena Gomez shows off her moves as she films an interview with Mario Lopez for the entertainment news show "Extra" in Los Angeles.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- One Direction, Katy Perry each win three American Music Awards
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- American Music Awards 2014: The 5 Biggest and Best Moments From the Show
- Jennifer Lopez, Iggy Azalea Bring Down the House at 2014 American Music Awards With "Booty"
- Fergie Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 2014 AMAs "L.A.Love" Performance, Robe Hangs Off Her Butt: Watch Now!