Insider: Sarah Palin 'Obsessed' With Making Bristol a 'Dancing' Champ
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 11th 2010 09:01AM
Amazingly, Bristol Palin has hoofed her way through another week on ABC's monster hit 'Dancing With the Stars,' and it's not because of her less-than-stellar footwork, it's thanks to her famous mom's campaigning.
"Sarah is determined make Bristol the winner of the show. Whatever it takes," an insider tells me. "She's become obsessed with it, as if it were the election all over again, except this time a Palin will be the winner."
The former governor's determination is no secret and has caught the attention of many politically-minded sites, including The Daily Beast, which wondered this week if a vast right-wing conspiracy is underway to make sure Bristol stays put. The site points out that conservative activist and Palin supporter Tammy Bruce tweeted, "Operation Bristol waltzes in tonight! As #DWTS starts vote at abc.go.com Tweeps pls tweet phone info, will RT."
There's nothing like firing up Sarah's loyal fan base to keep her daughter dancing!
"Sarah is making it very clear that she wants Bristol to win," a show insider tells me, adding that Palin is tickled by the idea of taking votes away from the more "Hollywood liberal types" on the show.
"This is her chance to get even and show all those Democrats that a regular girl with conservative values and common sense" can win it all.
Just a few days ago, Sarah reminded her 295,942 Twitter followers what a great girl Bristol is. "From youth football team, shop class & commercial fishing to Final 5 on Dancing W T Stars, we're proud of Bristol's courage, grace & diversity!"
If this pro-Bristol campaign wins out, America just may see the mirror ball trophy in the White House someday!
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Bristol Palin
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heaven King Slays the Viral Game With New "Hit the Quan" Music Video
- Scott Disick Jammed Out to Kanye West Club Music With Rod and Kimberly Stewart: Details
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead: Les Miserables Broadway Actor Dies at 21
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Did The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman Just Throw Shade at Ex Josh Murray? See for Yourself!
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel's Son Axl Is the Cutest "Little Maverick" on His Second Birthday—See the Pic!
- Amy Purdy Gets Married! Dancing With the Stars and The Amazing Race Alumna Says "I Do" to Daniel Gale