Insider: Sarah Palin 'Obsessed' With Making Bristol a 'Dancing' Champ
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 11th 2010 09:01AM
Amazingly, Bristol Palin has hoofed her way through another week on ABC's monster hit 'Dancing With the Stars,' and it's not because of her less-than-stellar footwork, it's thanks to her famous mom's campaigning.
"Sarah is determined make Bristol the winner of the show. Whatever it takes," an insider tells me. "She's become obsessed with it, as if it were the election all over again, except this time a Palin will be the winner."
The former governor's determination is no secret and has caught the attention of many politically-minded sites, including The Daily Beast, which wondered this week if a vast right-wing conspiracy is underway to make sure Bristol stays put. The site points out that conservative activist and Palin supporter Tammy Bruce tweeted, "Operation Bristol waltzes in tonight! As #DWTS starts vote at abc.go.com Tweeps pls tweet phone info, will RT."
There's nothing like firing up Sarah's loyal fan base to keep her daughter dancing!
"Sarah is making it very clear that she wants Bristol to win," a show insider tells me, adding that Palin is tickled by the idea of taking votes away from the more "Hollywood liberal types" on the show.
"This is her chance to get even and show all those Democrats that a regular girl with conservative values and common sense" can win it all.
Just a few days ago, Sarah reminded her 295,942 Twitter followers what a great girl Bristol is. "From youth football team, shop class & commercial fishing to Final 5 on Dancing W T Stars, we're proud of Bristol's courage, grace & diversity!"
If this pro-Bristol campaign wins out, America just may see the mirror ball trophy in the White House someday!
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Bristol Palin
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Walking Dead Season 6: Morgan Will Return, Daryl Loves Carol, and More Intel From The Talking Dead Finale
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Finale Recap: Rick Fights Back, Morgan Returns -- Find Out Who Survived a Brutal Episode!
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Winners List
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Ronda Rousey Attacks Stephanie McMahon, The Bella Twins Battle for Victory and More WrestleMania Highlights
- Kim Kardashian Takes North West and Her BFF on a Precious Easter Egg Hunt—See the Adorable Pics!
- The Walking Dead's Incredible Season Five Finale Nearly Killed Us – Find Out What Went Down!