Debbie Harry Too Old for Victoria's Secret? Hardly!
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 11th 2010 03:32PM
The stars (and me) turned up last night for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in New York City, however, mouths were agape when rock and fashion icon Debbie Harry, looking crazy good at 65, wasn't offered a front row seat. Why? It seems producers were determined to keep older ladies out of view of the cameras!
"Every woman in the front row was a child sitting next to a fat old man," one insider laughed afterwords. "It seems Victoria's secret is that age is no problem if you are a man."
Celebrities seated in the front row included Maxwell, Russell Simmons, Maroon 5's Adam Levine, Adrian Grenier and Gerard Butler, who cheered on Adriana Lima, Chanel Iman and Karolina Kurkova as they worked the runway in their unmentionables.
Before the show began, a Victoria's Secret staff member walked the front row reminding everyone that they would be on camera and to have a lot of energy, a message Levine took to heart. As E! observed, Adam "screamed at the top of his lungs and stood up to clap and whistle every time his smokin'-hot blond Russian model gal-pal Anne Vyalitsyna strutted her booty past him."
It wasn't just the Blondie legend that producers wanted to keep off camera when the show is televised on CBS in a few weeks. Sources tell me no reality stars were invited to sit in the packed audience.
"The last thing [producers] wanted is the public thinking one of those 'Real Housewives' wears their panties. Ewww," one insider zinged.
But don't worry about Debbie, she got the last laugh. Not only did Levine and Maxwell jump over barricades to get a picture with her, the song that blared out of the speakers when the Angels took their final bow was, that's right, Blondie's 'Call Me.'
Victoria's Secret Snapshots
©AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM 2010 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Lexington Armory, New York, NY. November 10, 2010. Job: 101110A2. www.bauergriffin.com www.bauergriffinonline.com Pictured: Katy Perry.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories